SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late payment Charge & other Fees

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Could you please suggest me to full fill the below requirements.

1*. Late Fee:- If the student paid after the 10 days of due date, he has to pay 50/- fine per day. Also Hold (Text only and system will not stop any other process to the student) will be created for all fee due students. This hold just for information only.

2. *Library Fee :- Few of the students can use the books from the college library for this they have to pay the fee for yearly. But this fee will be for few students only not for all the students and this fee will be collected separately.

Provide info regarding how to raise (Transaction & configuration steps) Invoice to the student for collecting the fee and use of Cash Desk functionality.

Best Regards

Sreeni

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sreeni,

Did you go through the student accounting document posted at BPX community ?

Student Accounting uses FI-CA module for student accounting refer to FI-CA documents to learn about transaction and configurations.

Thanks,

Prabhat Singh

0 Kudos

Hi Prabhat,

Thanks for your reply.

I am referring the documents from the BPX, but i am unable to find the solution for my client requirements.

Best Regards

Srini

0 Kudos

Srini,

I order to achieve these. You have to create a charge. How you want to trigger this depend upon your business scenario? for example Library Fee How are you integrating them? Who is going to feed list of students and charges? Depending upon that code a custom program or use FI-CA events to post these charges.

Thanks,

Prabhat Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sreeni,

You can handle fees like your library fee many ways. 1) You can create a payment lot using FP25 to upload an Excel sheet with a special reconcilation key. They can also enter the fee as a payment lot using this process. 2) you can setup an interface using an Excel file and a customer create program. 3) You can allow the cashier to input the fees using FPCJ. 4)Your office can input the students charge using FKKord1. For all of these you will need to create a main and sub for this entry.I would also create a new Doc Type to easily track the fee.

If you can define a common infotype for everyone getting the Library fee you can use fee calc to input the fee.

The Late Registration fee is something for which SAP has created a process. You need to add a time limit to the Academic table YLRG. for each session. You will need to set it up with the date you want to charge the fee.

example

2012 2011-2012 10 Fall YLRG Late Registration Fee 08/20/2011 12/10/2011 YLRG Late Registration Fee

Then you have to configure the Due Date Schedule DDSREG

Student LifeCycle Management/Fee/ Posting/Due Date Schedule

Define Due Date Schedule ---DDSREG --DDS for Late Registration Fee

Maintain Due Date Schedule - work area - DDSREG then fill in with your information on the session and YLRG date the amount under Threshold.

then you have to create under studnet accounting/ fee/ pricing/ pricing procedures >>> each node as you would a fee setup.

create a table with academic year / session/ status/ late Reg

continue down the nodes to condition record

create the condition type ZLRG -- where registration status is 1

create a customer program that will look and the first registration date(or booking date) and the YLRG calendar date -- if the date is after the YLRG date set the Late Reg fee to X.