cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VF05N not displaying all documents correctly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am facing the Problem while executing the VF05n.

When I specify a time period as selection criteria, I am getting few documents.

But with the same criteria as earlier & the Date field as empty, I am getting many more documents for the same date that I had specified in the earlier execution of VF05N. These additional documents also fulfill the Date criteria which I had given in the earlier execution, but they dont appear if I give date as a selection criteria.

I would like to know how to get or why I am not getting all the documents with the billing date , when I specify date as criteria. & I am keeping all other Selection Criteria same in both the sessions.

Please check this scenario & reply with suggestions

Regards,

Diwakar.M

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Due to the variation in some of the billing dates in the tables VRKPA and VBRK for the same billing documents, the number of records which are displayed gets vary if we specify the date.

Anyone knows how the billing dates are varying for the same documents in the tables VRKPA and VBRK?

Please reply with your suggestions....

Regards,

Diwakar.M

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear friend,

if you don't set the "Billing Document Date' value (or date range) system will search ALL available documents which meet your other criteria - type, customer, payer,...(if you set them of course)

it will take much more time and display many documents.

if you set that date / date range you probably will get much less or few documents.example - you did set one or two days...

make sure you set Selection Criteria (2 checkboxes - Open Bill. docs and Bill. docs in FI) correctly and understand what they mean/how they work

if you have any doubts, just open VF03 for any particular document, check out the billing date and try VF05N for this particular document taking into account its status and biloing date.

good luck!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PPIO Entry,

I understand what you say well.

Please execute what I am saying in the system.

First time execute with a single date as selection criteria.

Next time execute with no date criteria, then on the date column sort the dates to see all the documents on a particular date

which you given first time.

In both the above executions all other selection criteria remains same, except date field.

If u compare the output of both executions, you will find more documents on a particular date in the execution done without giving date as selection criteria.

check in your system & then reply

Regards,

Diwakar.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

One simple suggestion.

Please check in your system for the extra invoices that are coming, if the Billing date(VBRK-FKDAT) and Invoice creation date(VBRK-ERDAT) are both same or different.

There could be a difference in these dates which could be causing this. Please check and revert.

Regards,

Rohan Gudavalli.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan Gudavalli.,

Thanks for your suggestion,

I have checked in the table VBRK for the fields FKDAT & ERDAT, but the values(dates) are same for the billing documents.

Regards,

Diwakar.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to explain my scenario clearly.

In the vf05n tcode,

1st case:

if I specify the billing date (for eg 06.12.2011) and execute I am getting the output lists of 2 billing documents for the specified sales organization in this case CN01 and distribution channel 01.

2nd case:

And if i do not specify the date (in this case i am keeping the date as blank) in the same transaction and execute, I am getting the output lists of 28 billing documents for the date 06.12.2011.

I found the reason by debugging, the reason is that

For 1st case, the program fetches the records from the table VRKPA for the date 06.12.2011( in this case 2 records for the date 06.12.2011) and with the reference to billing document numbers fetched from the table VRKPA, the program fetches the document records from the table VBRK and display as a output.

For 2nd case, program fetches all the records from the table VRKPA for the sales organization CN01, and for the respective billing document numbers fetched from the table VRKPA it(program) displays the records from the table VBRK as a output lists. so if i see the 28 records for date 06.12.2011in the output lists.

The difference is due to that, for the same billing document numbers the billing dates are varying in the tables VRKPA & VBRK.

One thing I want to know is, why the dates are varying for the same billing document numbers in the tables VRKPA & VBRK?

Please reply with your suggestions.........

Thanks & Regards,

Diwakar.M

ivano_raimondi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Diwakar,

there is not any known reason VRKPA-FKDAT is different than VBRK-FKDAT.

If it filled in the program LV05IFRV during invoice saving. It is performed in update task, so it is not possible to debug.

Anyway you can run the report RVV05IVB for the billing document with flag 'Partner index'. It rebuild the table VRKPA and you can debug that program.

Best regards,

Ivano.