cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sub User Ids

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I want to know about the intention behind creating sub userids in SRM ? How is it used in the org structure. In my existing project landscape if i check the subuserid in the table HRP1001 i see only CP and no position for this Sub userid unlike for any other userid.

TRegards,

Pankaj.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member22425
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Pankaj,

As per my understanding whenever we assign a user to the Org Structure, a position will be created which in turn will hold a Central person against which the Business partner number will be generated in the system.

Best Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Thanks for your reply. I already know what you said. What i am asking is that for instance we have a userid abc for a user XYZ then there is also a subuserid-01abc for the same user created in the system. May be this is used somewhere in the org structure. I wanted to know the exact reason for this.

Thanks,

Pankaj.

former_member22425
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Pankaj,

Please refer to below details for more details.

Object Types in Organization Structure : Each object in Org structure has got a Object type and Object id assigned to it. The Object Type and Object id make each object Unique in the Org Structure.

Following are the object types in SRM Organizational Structure:

Org Unit: Org Unit Object type is always represented by ― "O".

Org Units describe various units of an enterprise which are structured according to their tasks and functions. Together several organizational units and their hierarchical relationships form an Organizational Structure.

Position: Position Object type is always represented by ―"S". Positions are concrete and can be occupied by holders at any company. Each Position is generally occupied by one employee but multiple assignments are also possible.positions can be 100% filled, partially filled or vacant.One position can be shared by several employees, each working less than full time. For example, two employees can hold 60% and 40% of one position

Central Person: Central Persons are the objects which hold positions in SRM Org structure. CP Object type is always represented by ―"CP".

The SU01 users are technically of no use in EBP unless they are incorporated into the Org structure. Each user id in Org structure:

Belong to a certain Org Unit ;

Definitely has a Position created for it ;

Has a Business Partner Id attached to it via Central Person Record ;

Has a SU01 id

When a Object is created, an Object Id must be assigned to it

An object ID must be assigned for every object. The object is identified by a combination of plan version, object type, and object ID.

Object IDs are numeric. They cannot contain any letters.

We do not need to use the object ID to find objects because you can easily find objects using search terms, parts of it, and certain characteristics. SAP recommends that you use internal number assignment.

Note: The name of the object is not part of the object key. This allows the same object number to be maintained in several languages.

Also Positions and Org Units: - Positions are related to organizational units in the org structure. Positions inherit certain characteristics of the organizational unit such e.g. CoCode, Cost Center etc.

Belong to an Organizational Unit ;

An Organizational unit incorporates positions ;

When a person holds a position, they also inherit some of the characteristics of the related organizational unit.

Position and Person(CP) : A person is assigned as holder of a position

The position is the object that links persons or users to the organizational plan.

A position can be held by more than one person or user and a person can hold more than one position

Note: a one-to-one relation between a Position and a Person is the ideal

Position and User : Relationship between Position (S) and User (US) is derived from two relationships S-CP and CP-US.

Hope this answer your query here.

Best Reagrds,

Rahul