cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a Certified SAP Consultant take teaching/ Coaching?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can a Certified SAP Consultant who is already working as Consultant in an IT firm take teaching/ Coaching during his personal free time for extra income. Is it allowed by SAP, AG? Do they require any permission or authorisation? Because what I heard is that except training from SAP Education Partners like Seimens, Genovate, Delphi etc. all others are unauthorised and can have legal consequences. Is it true?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182098
Active Contributor

You need to look into the terms and conditions of the offer letter with your employer. It is nothing to do with SAP AG, as far as your assignment is within the legal framework.

Legally, you cannot teach anywhere else in your free time, if you are already working, because your terms and conditions of the offer would restrict you. Every company does this. Otherwise, everybody will work with more than one employer. If you are contractor, then it is up to you, how you utilize your knowledge.

Legally, only SAP Authorized Education Partners should teach SAP. But, in reality, it is highly impossible. Forget about India, you have not less than 24 institutes in every street in every country. SAP must know this reality. They cannot take up legal action on all these illegal institutes. This is reality, which nobody can deny this.

Some people might be tempting for illegal institutes because of the reason the quality of education at Authorized Institutes is not up to the mark. When you pay hefty amount on a daily basis for training from your own pocket, you cannot listen excuses for Server Access / Quality of the Training. Therefore, SAP MUST ensure that the pains of the students at SAP Authorised Education Center are taken care of.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ravi for your comments & put up the truth. I too agree that course content and scope should be looked at more seriously by SAP. Only concepts are covered mostly and no proper End to End configuration is covered which tempts/forces even the Certified Consultants to go and learn configuration part from these unauthorised institutions or trainers. They provide better view of practical application of SAP knowledge than in course conducted by SAP.

However, I am still awaiting some concreate or near to answer for my question. This will clear many doubts which Certified Consultants have today.

Thanks!

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can a Certified SAP Consultant who is already working as Consultant in an IT firm take teaching/ Coaching during his personal free time for extra income.

You cannot, if you are working on a permanent basis. Employer can take action, as you are going against your signed offer letter. If you read your offer, it clearly tells that you cannot work part time. It is very obvious class.

If you are working as Contractor, you can work multiple assignments, nobody can stop you.

Is it allowed by SAP, AG?

SAP AG is nothing to do with your assignment. You are not required to take any permission from them. You should not teach for an illegal institute. Tomorrow, if SAP has taken any legal action on the institutes, being a tutor, you will have to face legal consequences. (Note: I am not talking the realities.). But, you need to respect the law.

Do they require any permission or authorisation?

Refer Point No.2

Because what I heard is that except training from SAP Education Partners like Seimens, Genovate, Delphi etc. all others are unauthorised and can have legal consequences. Is it true?

Teaching at illegal institutes is putting yourself at risk. You are doing something on your own risk. If something goes wrong, you may loose your reputation, money and end up in facing severe legal consequence.

Hope I am clear in clarifying your doubts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ravi once again for ellaborated answers It will be truly helpful for me to think over it and then take some decision.

But I am still looking for answers which gives details on any provision or law governing this situation/condition.

Regards,

Santosh

Answers (0)