SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MR Estimation from MR Results

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to do MR estimation from the previous MR results not from Previous Month Consumption.In this case I need Meter Reading should be available for the Base Period Length(min portion is 50% and period length is 365days).

In my process I have entered Estimated MR for the Base Period Length(50% of 365days= 182.5 days).and one year meter readings are available in the system.

So system is not Estimating MR from the MR results but its calculating based on Previous Month Consumption.

Please help me out...

Thanks in Advance...

Edited by: ARUN GARG on Dec 30, 2011 12:51 PM

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your question is unclear.

anyways what I understood is that right now the system is taking previous month meter reading and you want it to take previous year meter reading i.e. same period previous year.

For that in the installation maintain the Base Period Category for 'Same Period Previous Year'.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_06/helpdata/en/ff/788a28063f11d5a78100a0c9303371/content.htm

Hope this helps,

Rakesh..

former_member229976
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

please also check when the period consumption was changed last. If it was changed within the evaluation period, the periodic consumption will be taken. Next check if all your readings are plausible, the installation is occupied and customizing is set correctly. I think one of the mentioned parts does not fit your needs. Please also check if if there was maybe a device changed? several reasons could lead to the described result ...

Kind regards

Uwe

0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for your valuable suggestion....

In simple way I want to know how do Min Potion( if its 50%) work which we are maintaining in Rate . And also for extrapolation is there any actual meter reading required or we can do the same with estimated values for whole period?

0 Kudos

Dear ,

You can Estimate for Whole period but in Real time you will be Uploading MR Results .In Some cases like Interim Meter reading we go for Extrapolation.Please let me know if you need further.