cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

specify tables in PS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Our client requires a new report to be generated, listing all the documents attached to any wbs elements of all the projects.We will be attaching the files through services for objects. I am stuck in providing FS to ABAPer specifying tables required to generate the said report.

Manish.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think if you attach document through Standard DMS - Document attach functionality then it will easily available in Project Structure and you can refere all documents in CN41N - Project Structure Overview report. Where you will get all documents.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you are using DMS then please check the report CV04N, which will give you almost all the details.

or you can make a Z report from Tables DRAW, DRAD, DMS_DOC_FILES etc of R/3 / ECC server.

and to get details from DMS content Server use FM CV120_DOC_CHECKOUT_TO_SERVER or BAPI_DOCUMENT_GETDETAIL etc.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We will be attaching the files through services for objects. .

Please do not suggest this method. it will affect your server performance. Ask them to go for DMS. Project documents normally will be huge, so DMS is the only solution.

Referring the below SAP notes will be helpful..

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer these notes,

Note 1289314 - Display of files with more than three character extensions

Note 1417841 - FAQ: Document management

I am sure these notes will answer most of your queries.

Regards,

Gokul

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Abdul,

>

> Thnx for the reply. Now when i am testing an attachment in DMS, a pdf file gets attached, but i am unable to attach a word or excel file.(Win.office 2007).is it that sap note 1364806 shld be referred for it or anything else?

>

> Manish

Please also check whether the file type maintained in the following path..

SPRO >> Cross-Application Components >> Document Management >> General Data >> Define Workstation Application