cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP to Tally Intergration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Our client is using SAP ERP as well as TALLY ERP. Our client is preparing Billing Documents, Invoice documents on SAP ERP and Its accounting documents should reflect in TALLY ERP.

Kindly let us know the SAP to Tally Integration Documentation or steps to the above problem.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Ramu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Satya,

Tally doesn't entertain or support any third party software as it is developed with a core proprietary engine with a Software Development Kit namely Tally Definition Language (TDL).

Tally flows data from Tally to ODBC but not other way round.

There are two ways of doing this

1. To develop a Tally TCP file through tally developer. TDL programmer will give you an Add-On developed which will act as a bridge between SAP and Tally.
  2. To create an XML file in a format that tally support for importing data. (You will get this format by exporting sample data from tally to XML)

Regards

Chirag

sarthak_mohantysd
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ramu,

Our client is using SAP ERP as well as TALLY ERP. Our client is preparing 
Billing Documents, Invoice documents on SAP ERP and Its accounting documents 
should reflect in TALLY ERP. Kindly let us know the SAP to Tally Integration Documentation 
or steps to the above problem.

1:- I don't have good understanding of TALLY software package and i think you need to be have a brainstorm session with Tally consultant on the integration point.

2:- If this application can run on Oracle database platform, then you can opt for a Middleware and design a solution in this once the invoice documents are created and accounting document is set at SAP system, Outbound RFC/IDOC will be triggered to Tally sending information through which accounting document can be created at Tally.

3:- Another option which i can think about is you can extract all the data's pertaining to accounting document for a specific period and try importing these details at Tally. This suggestion needs to be validated by Tally consultant since i am not sure whether Tally has importing features.

Regards,

Sarthak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friend,

You should make a development for this. this development is called Interface

So meet your abaper and tell him about your requirement and write a Functional Specification and give it to him.

Thank you,