Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lot of unplanned Purchase Orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We place purchase orders on a regular vendor say X

But he isnt able to deliver on given day and in case of an emergency, We place a verbal order and get materials from another regular vendor Y. Then we regularise it in SAP system. This scenario are very frequent and we end up creating a lot of unplanned Purchase orders. We do not close the earlier PO. The vendor X supplies it at a later date as the material is frequently used. Though the prices vary a bit, it is more or less the same price.

Is there any way of controlling this situation in SAP

We cannot change this business process. So we need to map this anyhow in SAP

I was thinking of these 2 options

1. Creating contracts on both the vendors and accordingly ask both of them to supply such that anyone can supply.

2. Other option, I was referring to was Auto creation of PO, once the goods is received.

We would not like to go for Blanket orders as Goods receipt MIGO is a must.

Is there any other option,anyone can suggest.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I can suggest based on your input :

1. Create contract an both the vendors are a regular vendors and the material is fast consuming.

2. use quota arrangement set the SOB ( share of business for each vendor)

3. create scheduling agreemnt and send schedules to the vendors and keep on getting goods receipt against the same.

not required to create po every time

Hope it will work

Regards

Om

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello OM,

Thanks for your inputs. But I feel, Automatic PO creation is a better option.

Firstly because, there are many vendors supplying the same material.

The issue is unavailablility of a material on a given day and hence the need to get it from some other supplier

Secondly, it is more of a matter of convenience to the end users, It would save a lot of time

Any other suggestions are welcome

Regards,

Answers (0)