cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle: Abnormal Program Termination

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to install Oracle 10.2.0.4 on Windows 2008 server. "Getting Error Abnormal Program Termination An internal occur has occured. Please provide the following files to Oracle Support Unkown Unkown Unkown".

We had uninstalled the SAP as well as Oracle for a fresh installaion. To uninstall ORacle I had used OUI. This part went on well. Now while reinstalling-: Oracle was not installing the above error started prompting. As had read in couple of threads of clearing the registry entries would resolve the issue. NO SUCCESS. Next did a system format and installed fresh Windows 2008 server. Tried installing again same error prompted. Thought the software might have been corrupted: Downloaded new Oracle software from market place CD 51031678. Tried installing again: but to my bad luck same error.

Any suggestions.

Ambi.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ambi,

On Windows 2008 , for installing Oracle, you will need to use Oracle Failsafe DVD.

Run the sapserver.cmd from the Failsafe DVD.

Hope this solves your problem.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to install Oracle 10.2.0.4 on Windows 2008 server. "Getting Error Abnormal Program Termination An internal occur has occured. Please provide the following files to Oracle Support Unkown Unkown Unkown".

Hello,

Is it the exact DVD number ?

Anyhow, Oracle 10.2.0.4 can't be installed directly. First you need to install 10.2.0.1 for new installation and then apply the patchset 10.2.0.4 over it.

Please Read the SAP Installation Guide and the SAP Notes provided there for Oracle Database software part.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

The CD 51031678 is correct.

The Oracle version mentioned as 10.2.0.4 is incorrect it is 10.2.0.2.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Running the failsafe cd.

Will let you guys know about the results once complete.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It worked.