cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport Requests during Oracle upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are planning to upgrade oracle database from 10.2.0.4 to 11.2.0.2. I have few queries about this upgrade.

1. If DEV system is on 11g and QA,PRD on 10G, will it allow me to create/release & transport requests to QA & PRD server ?

2. Will BI(10g) system be able to receive data from DEV (11g) system ?

Awaiting for your reply & Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Yogesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

1. If DEV system is on 11g and QA,PRD on 10G, will it allow me to create/release & transport requests to QA & PRD server ?

Ans: Absolutly there will be no issue on moving transports on moving SAP transports between different DB Releases as transports dont have any dependency on DB Release level.

2. Will BI(10g) system be able to receive data from DEV (11g) system ?

Ans: SAP level data movement absolutly works fine between 10g to 11g Systems.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Please also keep in mind the release restrictions as per the note 1089083 ,1273566,1090842 in case you are performing transport between differnt releases .

Regards,

Varun.

0 Kudos

Dear Yogesh,

Delaying upgrade on different systems of landscape DEV QAS and PRD, this is not a good practice because it won't be easy to do any issue analysis. With 11g version, some new features are supported which are not supported in 10g. So these features might work when you test on DEV system but may not work on QAS and PRD system.

Coming to transports, Since the TP and R3TRANS transport tools work with a database-independent data format, transports can be performed between databases with different Oracle releases.

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Abhishek

0 Kudos

Dear Yogesh,

If you are satisfied with the reply then i would request you to kindly mark this thread as closed giving your valuable feedbacks.

Regards,

Abhishek