Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get incoming excise invoice in J1IIN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Daer All

Greetings!!

Scenario: The company receives raw material from vendor and then vendor send excise invoice to company.

The same raw material then sell to other vendor but the incoming excise invoice is used to pass on duty . with threference to that incoming excise invoice duty pass on to this vendor to whom raw material has been sold

Question: How the process will be captured in SAP from MM to SD

1) now how i will create order > delivery >billing and how i will be able to get that incoming excise invoice in j1iin ?

2) What About Pricing Procedure?

I have searched the forum and i have also tried on the existing solution given in forum but still could not do it

I am still putting my effort but in need of valuable input from forum

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kabir,

Go through the bellow link which will exactly match with your requirement.

Thank you,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thank you so much for your input.

We have make Excise Condition Type as Statistical, so the ED is not charged to customer and at the time of creating Excise Invoice in j1IIN system gives me the option to choose its Incoming Excise Invoice, Select The line--> Get Excise Invoice, it will update the excise but the amount for which Credit We have already taken.

This is how we have solved the issue..

Thanks!!

Regards,

Vivek Srivastava

Dear Vivek

Greetings!!

With reference to your above post i am sending my query to you which is same as mentioned by you above

could you please guide me on this

1) where is setting in J1iin to select incoming excise invoice

2) how did you maintain j1id for raw material

3) what about RG1 as we are selling raw material

can u please revert me on the above issue

Looking forward to reply from you.

Warm Regards,

Kabir Shelke

Here is the answers of your queries:

1) where is setting in J1iin to select incoming excise invoice

In J1IIN when your enter the billing document and Date and press enter it will show you main screen on this screen there is a button "Get Excise Invoice" , select your line Item and the Click on this button it will show you all Incoming invoice for the material.

2) how did you maintain j1id for raw material

In J1ID Raw Material will be maintained as Raw Material there is no need to change any setting there

3) what about RG1 as we are selling raw material

RG1 have the information of Finished Good, where as Raw Material is not par of FG so no entry in RG1.

hope it is clear to you...

br,Vivek

Edited by: View_taurian on Dec 30, 2011 3:24 PM

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

this scenario is of raw material sale with excise

solution: j1iin >get excise invoice>list of incoming excise invoice.

maintain j1id for raw material

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
but the incoming excise invoice is used to pass on duty . with 
  reference  to that incoming excise invoice duty pass on to this 
   vendor to whom raw material has been sold

As you are aware in standard, duty would be calculated based on selling price. If you want a different duty to calculate on sale invoice, then you can maintain the required value in J1ID - Maintain Assessable Value, on which duty should be calculated.

Moreover, I am not clear whether you treat the vendor as a vendor or a customer. If you treat the vendor as a customer, then only you should follow SD route; otherwise, you should follow MM route.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Greetings!!

I am working on the solution addressed by you but still facing problem in passing the excise duty to vendor to whom we treat as customer. so im trying following solution need your help.

can i do following process:

A)

raw material coming from vendor suppose raw1.

1)MIGO for raw1

2) rg23A updated

3) incoming excise invoice

3) Raw1 transfer to finished store

SD Process:

4)va01>vl01n>vf01>j1iin

question:

1) how to select incoming excise invoice for raw1 in j1iin which comes from vendor

2)how i will maintain j1id for raw1 as i am selling to it another vendor to whom we treat as customer

3) how to update RG1 W.R. to this raw1

Looking forward to reply from you

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

sales side proces

va01-vl01n-vf01-j1iin

j1id settings for this material and chapter id material is raw material u can assign the raw material , other wise assign finished goods, and excise duties main in customer and vendor also , in sale order process you can maintain the excise duties in sale order, based on invoice , capture the j1iin it is for only out going invoice ,

vendor details maintain at migo only , ofter migo you can capture incoming excise invoice , incoming excise invoice at j1ig only,

in j1ig u capture the it is for only depo

Menu Path: User menu à Indirect taxes à Procurement à Excise invoice à Incoming Excise invoice à Individual Processing à Capture/Display (J1IEX)

a. Select Post Excise Invoice and Vendor in windows above the Header.

b. Enter Goods Receipt Document number generated in STEP 2 and press ENTER or Click on Execute button.

c. Following screen will appear as shown below.

Menu Path: Logistics à Materials Management à Inventory management àGoods movement à goods receipt à for purchase orderà Purchase order no. Known (MIGO)

. Enter the PO number, Vendors Delivery Challan Number

b. Press Enter u2013 at this point of time system will copy all the relevant information from PO and a Excise Invoice tab will appear in the Header screen as shown below, select capture Excise Invoice on this tab and check the Excise group.

c. Enter the Received Quantity in the Quantity tab in field Quantity & Unit of entry.

Follow above procedure for claiming modvat for raw material.

d. Enter receiving Storage Location in Where tab. Here check the stock type in which material is going to receive. If some text needs to be added regarding the goods receipt enter it in Text field.

Follow above procedure for claiming modvat for raw material.

e. Check the Excise Details related to the received material in Excise Item tab in Detail Data screen as shown above.

Post the Captured Vendoru2019s Excise Invoice

Go to CIN transaction

Menu Path: User menu à Indirect taxes à Procurement à Excise invoice à Incoming Excise invoice à Individual Processing à Capture/Display (j1iex)

a. Select Post the Excise Invoice and Goods Receipt in windows above the Header.

b. Enter Vendor Excise no generated above.

If material had directly came from different vendor, Enter vendor code in Ship from field in miscellaneous tab.

a. If Excise Invoice is faulty and still want to take the credit for the excise invoice, enter the rejection code.

b. Check the Material Chapter Heading, Material type in Item tab in Detail Data screen.

c. Check the Quantity in Quantity tab

d. Check the Duty rate in Duty rate tab.

e. Check duty values and Tax amount for the material in Duty value tab.

f. Check the Part I entries, which are created immediately after the GR in Part I tab.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

Greetings!!!

Thanks for your valuable reply

but my question is how i will select the incoming excise invoice in J1IIN and how the same duty will flow in j1iin from incoming excise invoice

I am using TAXINN procedure and even i have maintained in j1id the assessable balue which is same as in P.O(Incoming excise invoice). the value is not floating in from incoming excise invoice.

The basic issue here is Raw material sale

how to attain it

client want it in urgent basis and i am trying it since 7 days so if anybody who come across this issue and has solved it then please revert it .

thanks

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I already stated, material code would differ when it is inwarded and again when it goes out.

So if the requirement is duty should calculate based on the incoming raw1 material, then maintain the assessable value for the outgoing material in J1ID - Maintain Assessable Value. There whatever value you maintain, system, while generating sale order / billing, will consider duty for that value only irrespective of your selling price.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all suggestion !!

before posting this thread i searched the forum about this issue and i tried to solved this issue with existing posting

but i could not come up with solution. I have tried all suggestion put up by you. but still the question remains

1) how will i select the incoming excise invoice in J1iin

2) what will be reference doc. in j1iin

a) billing

b) delivery

what is use of TAb excise invoice for Delivery in J1iin screen. wil it help to get incoming excise invoices in J1iin

what settings i have to make for this raw material .

where is setting from where i could get or select this incoming excise invoice in J1iin.

Still need your favor to resolve this issue.

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

For MM side you need to do normal Process and for excise through J1IEX for incoming excise invoice and at the time of updating the register through J1I5 - updation , J2I5 - Extraction , u need to select the RG32 A register will update

coming to SD side

1. first you need to extend the material to sales view

2. do normal cycle , raise the excise invoice through J1IIN

3. at the time of register RG1 will update from SD point

This is normal process as per my knowledge but your mixing both MM and SD side and also check with MM consultants

and also if it is any excise duties variation please use Utilization

Regards,

Prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

This scenario is called as Depot sales process, Kindly search the same in the Forum

VA01

VL01n

j1iJ

Vf01

in J1iJ you will pass on the vendor excise value to the customer as per the purchase excise value.

This is applicable only if the plant is maintaining a RG23D register

Regards,

Sudhir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sudhir,

Company do not maintain RG23d register.

for this scenario which i have posted ,they are maintaining RG23A register