cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non Stock Material related

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In our company we do not create masterial master of Non Stock Material. If I create Sales Order for suppose 20 chairs, it doesnt pick pricing procedure. More over the quantity field also goes blank every time the order is created.Can i also create invoice for this. Pleasae guide.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

- Sales Order doesnt pick pricing procedure. - More over the quantity field also goes blank every time the order is created.

Can i also create invoice for this.

With above situation, I don't think you can create Invoice with reference to sales orders.

Moreover,

- I hope you are aware of how pricing procedure get determined in sales order.

- and you need to mention quantities in sales order to reflect.

If you still have some concerns, kindly explain us what you have done and what you are trying to achieve with this Non Stock Material?

Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually that is the confusion, that why pricing procedure is not determining when its maintained in OVKK for this document type,customer and sales area?And why quantity field is going blank. I am just doing it to test whether we can run a sales cycle for a material with no Material Master (Suppose we want to sell an office chair or other some non stock material).

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Why do you maintain a non stock material, and what is the purpose of selling that - if yu can explain the scenario people can suggest you some ideas

if its an asset you are trying to sell it, then you need to convert it to stock item and then sell it, like you mentioned office chairs, this will have an asset number that has to be converted or moved to a cost centre by FI. then the same can be converted to stock item and then sell it

regards,

Sudhir

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

why pricing procedure is not determining when its maintained in OVKK for this document type,customer and sales area?

- Sales Area (determines from Sold-to Party Sales Area)

- Documnet Pricing Procedure (determines from Sales Doc Type in VOV8)

- Customer Pricing Procedure (Customer Master - Sold--to Party - Sales Tab)

whether we can run a sales cycle for a material with no Material Master

No, we can't run a SD process cycle for Non Stock Material without Material Master.

If you want to have SD process cycle without creating Materaial master then you can use Text item (TATX)

Normally, we don't create a material master these kind of item.

So, if you enter a material in the Sales Order just with description without giving the material number, then system will determine material with Text item (TATX)

Make sure the system have following kind of item cat determination for Item Cat TATX for your order type in VOV4

Sales Doct Type

Item Cat Group

Usage

High level Item

OR

<blank>

TEXT

<blank>

Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JP

You are right.The item category is appearing as TAXT.But dont know why the order quantity field is getting blank and for pricing procedure the configs are maintained but still its not appearing.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For pricing,

Do you get any error, where it states system is unable to determine the pricing procedure?

If not, then item - Condition - Analysis. Can you view Analysis Screen: If Yes, then check your pricing procedure used.

Else, there is still some error in the pricing determination. Kindly review the same again.

Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

No error but no conditions appearing in condition tab. Its showing quantity 0,netprice 0 and tax 0.And the Analysis button is greyed out.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try with updating some manual condition type in Condition tab.

Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi LalitR,

order quantity field is getting blank.

As per my knowledge Go to T.Code VOV7 & select your item category TATX.Check mark Schedule line allowed & save it.Generally TEXT items will not have schedule line but you can create text items with or without schedule lines.Now enter the order qty in VA01.

Regards

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep

It worked for order quantity. thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Condition tab greyed out.Not able to put conditions manually.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I probably miss out this while suggesting you earlier.

Apologies for that.

Well, pricing doesn't make any sense for text items.

So, if you observe the pricing in Item category TATX is blank.

Thus, text item is not relevant for pricing.

If you want price to be part of your text material.

Try with Item catogory TAX.

Regards

JP

Answers (0)