Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UserId with same access behaving differently in ( Quality and Sandbox )

Former Member
0 Kudos

A user exists in quality and sandbox systems with the same profiles, However, when I try to execute Tcode IW22 and enter notifications, A screen appears where I can view Services for Object Icon. When I click in the Create Attachment in the Services for Object in the Quality system, A dialog box appears to upload the documents from my desktop. However the same does not happen in my sandbox system.....The profiles are same for the user in both the systems...

The PID values are same for both the users. Authorizations and Transactions are same for the UserIds.

I am stuck with this..Please help me with this.

10 REPLIES 10

former_member204634
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

Kindly check user types - I have seen service for object functionality being not supported for service user type.

Best Regards

Prashant

0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

I have done that too...both the users are Dialog Users

0 Kudos

Hello

Did you check pfcg-> "user comparison" for the roles that you have assigned. It has to be in green colour. If not click on that and make it green.

Thanks & regards

bala

0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

I have done that too via PFCG and also PFUD...But still the same..

Thanks

Ravi

0 Kudos

Hello Ravi

Try the following

1. Delete the user and recreate the same user with the same roles or create a new user with the same roles and check.

2. Since this is a sandbox try giving SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW profile, if that works then defenitely there is some difference in the roles from Q box. Even if that doesn't work then it is not authorisation problem.

Thanks & regards

bala

0 Kudos

Ravi,

I'm not an expert in PM, but the point is that the customizing of your QA system is probably different from your sandbox system. If this is a authorization problem you can check it using SU53 or via tracing the user for example. If you don't find any problems there, this is not an auth. problem.

You cannot expect the same behavior in QA than in sandbox, because the sandbox customizing is probably "wrong" or incomplete.

Regards,

Diego.

0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

These are new Userids..and I have done as mentioned by providing SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW too..Still it doesn't work.

If this is not an Authorization issue. Then what could be the problem According to you..I am wondering that this could be a BASIS issue..but how..still not able to figure out.

0 Kudos

Yes Diego,

I think the same too...But was wondering what exactly the problem might lie...As of now its moved to BASIS dept.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having the same issue when I try the same on my iPhone (christmas present) and it did not work either.

I suspect that it simply is not configured or capable of creating GOS attachments.

Might that be the same issue your sandbox is facing? How did you solve it?

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I think you need to consult with ABAP consultant and debug the the same both in QA and Sandbox so that you can find where is exactly the problem happening.

Thanks

Aktar