cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set icm/host_name_full parameter in cluster environment

0 Kudos

Environment description:

We get cluster environment, NODE A AND NODE B, A is master node and B is standby node.

NODE A , IP is 10.96.240.170

NODE B, ip is 10.96.240.169

The service IP is 10.96.240.139 , the corresponding domain name is cannov.intra.com, we can connect the message server through this domain name, this service contains the main resource group(MS and DB resource ), now this service is located on NODE A.

Meanwhile, we'll make this domain name as our FQHN(icm/host_name_full) parameter.

Qusetion:

Shall we set the FQHN (icm/host_name_full ) parameter on NODE A or both node?

Does this setting is conflict with the ms server IP?

Thanks a lot

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Shall we set the FQHN (icm/host_name_full ) parameter on NODE A or both node?

I don't understand your question. This is a system parameter set from transaction RZ10 which is stored both in the database and in the profile file which resides on a file system which is a cluster ressource.

As long as you use the cluster alias FQHN for icm/host_name_full you will be fine whatever the state of your cluster.

Regards,

Olivier

0 Kudos

hi oliver

In sap system , profile file is belongs to corresonding instance.

Like profile CA2_DVEBMGS03_A belongs to NODE A. CA2_DVEBMGS03_B belongs to NODE B, it works for diffient node.

Of course, the profile file may exist on the cluster resource.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Weihua Yao,

> In sap system , profile file is belongs to corresonding instance.

> Like profile CA2_DVEBMGS03_A belongs to NODE A. CA2_DVEBMGS03_B belongs to NODE B, it works for diffient node.

It seems to me that your SAP cluster is wrongly configured. You should have a single profile file whatever the failover state of your cluster. At least this my 6 years experience with a SAP R/3 4.7 production system on a MSCS cluster.

Regards,

Olivier

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

We've noticed Note 773830-FQHN determination in ICM, it descriped that 'Do not set this

parameter to the same value for different hosts', so we just can maintain it on MS server.

As the second problem, we are looking for the result.