cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI Legacy Adapter: Capture data changes in DB2 tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is this possible via XI or within a Legacy Adapter to

capture changes in DB2 or IMS/ISAM tables, so that only these data sets are to exchange to other systems (like change data capture CDC from Informatica)?

What kind of changes are necessary in the Legacy systems and what is the time and effort to do this.

Is there any detailed technical documentation available?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ingo.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use the Sender JDBC adapter to pull data from the Db2 table. But, the JDBC adapter does not have a scheduling mechanism and so, it will continually poll over your DB table and look for changes that satisfy the Select query of your Table.

There is no direct mechanism in XI wherein a DB can intimate XI of changes in the table and only way forward is to use the Sender JDBC adapter by making it poll over your DB table looking for changes in the Table .

Regards,

bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

>>it will continually poll over your DB table and look for changes that satisfy the Select query of your Table.

--That means a) you have a date field in your DB2 table resp. select query like "change date of dataset" OR

b) the result set of the previous select query is stored in XI and only the changes are distributed (like ODS delta in BW) OR

c) ??? (hopefully your answer)

Thanks for your quick answer, but I have still concerns, that XI is nothing else than a data distribution tool and you have to tell it what and when to distribute data.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you are using your JDBC as a sender, then your JDBC will poll over your database and select the rows that satisfy your Select Query mentioned in the SELECT field of the JDBC adapter.

Also, there is another field in your JDBC adapter that is very important and that is the Update satatement. Once your JDBC adapter executes your select query and selects rows from the database, you might not need those rows to be selected again. In this csse, you can use the Update statement to update the database.

For more info, look at these links,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/7e/5df96381ec72468a00815dd80f8b63/content.htm

So, in your case,one solution , whenever some change occurs in your DB ,maybe yo can write a trigger in your DB that will update some temporaray table.

Xi will poll over this table , identify that a change has occured and then , using a Receiver JDBC adapter, detect the changes using SELECT , UPDATE_INSERT or STORED PROCEDURES.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You for your help.

I have a similar scenario the other way around. I have to capture any change in volume in SAP.PRA and send it to a DB. (I only have a time stamp field in it)

Can i use the JDBC Sender adapter and sent the delta to DB?

Much Thanks!

Answers (0)