cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MaxDB database backup through third party backup tool Data Protector 6.11.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

When I am trying to activate the automatic LOG backup though DBM GUI it says Last Complete Data Backup Never happened. But I have taken the Full Database backup through External Third Party Backup tool i.e. Data Protector 6.11 and I am able to see the DATA backup history as belowu2026But donu2019t know why it is not showing in backup wizard while activating automatic LOG backup.

Label Action Start Result Medium Size (Pages) Volumes Next Log Page From Page To Page

DAT_000000001

SAVE WARM 12/23/2011 11:55:49 PM OK BACKDP-Data[8] 67042016 8 3631666

And also the full database backup is successfull. And when i click the DAT_000000001 Label - In that External Backup State shows as Unknown.

Thanks,

Narendra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem was as i have activated log overwrite mode that's why everytime BACKUP HISTORY was getting LOST.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

For taking log backup using external backup tool you will need to use the archive_stage command to backup the files that have been created by the autolog backup to the external backup tool.

You need to check HP dataprotector configuration on how to use this command.

Doing this you may resolve the problem faced.

Hope this answers the query.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Looks like you didnu2019t get the question what I am asking is when I am trying to activate the automatic LOG backup though DBM GUI it says Last Complete Data Backup Never happened. But I was able to take the full database backup through Data Protector. My question is why it is not showing in backup wizard as Data backup completed. It is asking to take the complete Data backup first before activating the automatic LOG backup.

Thanks,

Narendra

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

I feel some problem with SAP integration of HP dataprotector. Can you verify the configurations done.

Refer Chapter 3. Integrating SAP DB/MaxDB and Data Protector of this useful document .

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01631239/c01631239.pdf

Read that Chapter Page By Page as you will find lot of detailed and useful information.

Hope this is useful.

Regards,

Deepak Kori