cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender RFC scenario not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm trying to configure a scenario where the sender is an RFC. I have done the following configuration steps:

1. Created an RFC destination in the R/3 system.

Program ID: SAPSLDAPI_X3A

Gateway Host: hostname of the XI system

Gateway Service: Gateway service of the XI system

2. In the RFC Sender channel

App Server Gateway: R/3 system's hostname

App Server Service: of the R/3 system

3. In the RFC Metadata Repository Parameter, the details of the R/3 system is provided.

4. The RFC is triggered by calling a report program specifying the RFC destination.

But no messages are coming to the message monitor. Is anything wrong here or is something missing? Is there any way to see what happened in the R/3 system?

Could you please help?

Thanks,

Priya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just use these 2 weblogs to cross check the steps you have used.

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2008/01/08/troubleshooting--rfc-and-soap-scenarios-updated-on-20042009

Also, check if the program id in the sender RFC adapter and the TCP IP connections is correct.

See if there is any dump in SM58 in R3

Regards,

Bhavesh

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>1. Created an RFC destination in the R/3 system.

Gateway Host: hostname of the XI system

Gateway Service: Gateway service of the XI system</i>

This is fine.. I would recommend you to use different name coz SAPSLDAPI is a RFC destination name for SLD communication purpose. Its better to avoid using some system names. But this is not a problem.

<i>2. In the RFC Sender channel

App Server Gateway: R/3 system's hostname

App Server Service: of the R/3 system

Program ID: SAPSLDAPI_X3A</i>

The App Server Gateway, App Server Service & Program ID should match with what you have given in the RFC destination of R/3 system.

After this try doing a test connection from the RFC destination sm59. Your test should be succesful.

<i>3. In the RFC Metadata Repository Parameter, the details of the R/3 system is provided.</i>

This is fine

<i>4. The RFC is triggered by calling a report program specifying the RFC destination.</i>

This is also fine.

Also in order to see any messages in SXMB_MONI you need to enable Logging. Trace level = 3 will not capture the Sync message. RFC is by default Sync. If your sender is not expecting any response then you will get an error in the response message, in this case you need Async.

For Async you need to add this addition while doing the call function "IN BACKGROUND TASK". Also make sure you re mentioning the <b>destination</b> while doing the call function.

Check you have mentioned

DESTINATION <rfc destname>.

Thanks,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you use the "IN BACKGROUND TASK" and "COMMIT" in your calling program.

check this link

Hope this fixes your issue

Regards

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

Give a try to this link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/25/76cd3bae738826e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

this might help u

Regards,

Shailesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

From SP12, the payload of sync messages is cached in memory rather than persisted. These payloads are deleted to prevent them from accumulating in memory.

You just have to set:

messaging.syncMessageRemover.removeBody = false

in the AF messaging service in the visual admin

and you'll be able to trace sync calls

you only need this for sync

if you set this you'll see sync messages in,

http://hostname:portnumber/MessagingSystem/monitor/monitor.jsp

(so in the monitor for adapters)

async are logged there by default so no need to change anything for async calls...

Regards,

Abhy