cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost & Revenue displayed as accumulated values in on column in report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

i have a problem with PS actual Cost and Revenue Report, all values of costs and revenue display in only one column of actual cost or revenue

for example, if i posted an actual cost to WBS by 1000 and then posted actual revenue by 600, if i checked the report i found actual cost by 400 and actual revenue zero

please provide me with any help steps to fix this problem

Regards,

M.elsayed

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not a cost element report, it is a hierarchy report CN41N

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check your value category settings, may be you did not map all the cost elements to value category, after correcting the value category please run CJEN and check the report again.

Also verify whether correct data is recorded in the project through a cost element report.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member

Thanks for your help, my problem has fixed

but i would like to ask about the main purpose of value category.

why we have to categorize cost element, why system does not use the cost element category in its mater data 11, 01, ...

there is any advanced reason for using value category ?

Thanks & Regards

M.elsayed

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

main purpose of value category is to group cost elements together for hierarchal reporting. for example you need to see all labor cost together in this case you can create a value category labor and link all the cost element related to labor cost with this value category.

0 Kudos

Hi,

How was the problem fixed? I have the same issue.

My CN41N is aggregating both Income and costs. I want to separate that and report Actual Costs in costs column and Revenue in the revenue column.

What setup did you change to achieve this?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many Thanks

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

is it a cost element report. If it is a cost element report and you are looking for total value it will show only 400, because 1000 is positive value and 600 is negative value.

which report you are referring to. Please post the transaction code here.