cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple pricing for 1 material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are implementing SAP at a leading pesticide industry. They have a very complex pricing structure. They have over 40 different pricing policies for 1 product. Their pricing policies consist of all the basic info e.g., MRP price, invoice price, tax, customer discount and net & final price. We can maintain all these using condition types in the pricing schema.

However the problem is if a customer orders 100 ton of product A, He can pay for 20 tons in cash, 20 tons in advance and the rest he can buy on credit or vice verse. And on all these he can have different pricing policies for the same material in single order.

And in 1 order he can have any number of products and he can pay by cash , advance & credit and he can have different pricing policies on each one of them.

Please provide assistance on how can we configure a pricing schema that can cater all these requirements.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member192719
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

seems very intersting. please give little bit more details like is it mandatory customer has to pay advance amount of 20 percent before he places order ?

I think while coming to pricning to different customer , you can maintain price list.

In pricing procedure , expect price ..all elements are same.

please revert back your solution

regards,

suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am also willing to know about the solution of the query ,please share solution if any1 has ever worked on such scenario.

Rgds,

Dharmesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

The problem in this scenario is that the customer can use multiple pricing policies for each material in a single sale order. He can choose how much he wants to pay in cash , credit and advance for any amount of quantity of single material. The percentages are not fixed.

The problem with pricing list is that we can use it for the customer differentiation, but we cannot make different pricing list for one product in a single sale order.

I am trying to make manual conditions for cash advance and credit but the problem is that, I cannot apply them as the customer can choose different methods of payment for different amount of quantity of a single material in single sale order.

Regards,

Salman

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I believe your requirement is based on Payment Terms, you want to have different Price for Each Line item in Sales Order.

Firstly create all the different Payment Options as Payment Terms in T-Code OBB8.

Now Insert Payment Terms as one of the combination creteria in the Condition table of Access Sequnce of Basic Price.

You can maintain different Payment Terms for each LIne item in Sales Order (Sales Order LIne Item Details - Billing Tab). For this you need to put a Tick Mark in Business Item under Business Data in your Item Category (T-Code VOV7).

Following the above you can have multiple Prices for one Material based on Payment Terms.

Thus now as soon as you enter Payment Terms in the LIne Item details of Sales Order, system will search for Basic Price based on the Combination including Payment Terms.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jignesh,

Thank you for you observation, you are right in saying that our requirement is based on the payment terms.

However the scenario here is that the customer can choose different payment methods for each line item in a single sale order, e.g.,

Customer orders 100 ton of Material A. He can breakup this quantity in number of combination lets say he can pay 20 tons in Cash, 40 tons in Credit and the rest he can pay on credit. And on all these terms he can have different pricing structure. As far as I understand we need to make three different pricing schema for a single material in a single sale order.

Kindly revert back if you think that is the case.

Regards,

Salman Ahmad.

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Create Multiple line items of the same material with required quantities & maintain seperate Payment terms for each LIne Item.

E.g.:

Material A: 100 Qty

LIne Item 10 - 20 Qty payment Terms - cash

Line Item 20 - 40 Qty Payment Term - 30 days credit...

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As your requirement says,

- And on all these terms he can have different pricing structure

- As far as I understand we need to make three different pricing schema for a single material in a single sale order.

It is near to impossible to have 3 different type of pricing procedure (schema) in one sales order.

But, you can have 3 different pricing in 3 different subsequent billing type.

Just a thought, check the possibility of BILLING PLAN for your scenario.

Regards

Jp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jignesh,

I think your solution does make sense, we have to enter the same material with different quantities so that we can apply different pricing schemes to same material

Regards,

Salman Ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JP,

Thanks for your suggestion. This can be considered.

Regards,

Salman.

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. That is the best solution to your case. Also it is weill within SAP Standard settings so there is no Z-Development involved.

Just enter Multiple line items of same material with different quantities & different Payment Terms. System will pick the relevant Price for each Line Item based on Payment Terms.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta