cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using SPAU transaction after the Upgrade.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Basis team Upgrade the PI system from v7.0 to 7.3 in development system. They asked me to carry out the process in trasaction SPAU.

I have a document on what to do in SPAU transaction, but when I executed the tcode SPAU, I see two functions under "With Modification Assistance"-->Function Groups.

I expanded the 1st directory under the functon groups, I see INCLUDEs directory I expand this I see the include program LSCTSREQFH1 it is in green traffic signal opened the 2nd function group, I see all(includes,screens, program texts) in green traffic signal. When i keep the mouse pointer over the green signal it display the tooltip as "Atomatic Adjustment".

Under "Note Corrections" folder, I see three SAP notes. Two green icon question mark and one in yellow traffic singal.

Under "Translations">English>Function Groups, I see two folders.I see the object under Includes and Program Texts is in Red traffic signal.

Please let me know what should I do.

1. When the objects already are in green traffic signal, what should be my next step.

2. There is a icon with "?" what should I do?

Note: My basis team need single transport containing only objects adjusted by SPAU.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. When the objects already are in green traffic signal, what should be my next step.

IF the objects have green traffic signal, it implies they are already adjusted. Nothing to be done.

2. There is a icon with "?" what should I do?

Objects with "?" implies that there could be SAP notes implemented for adjusting those objects. You need to look into SAP note section for those objects.

Hope this is useful.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, If it already adjusted, then what should I do now? We need to move all these objects to PI quality server. I compared the new version with the already existing version, I see there are some codes inserted in the old version. Should I do "Adopt Modifications" so that the old code can be retained? I believe that that if I choose " Adopt Mondifications" then my old object version will be available. Please confirm this.

Under "Translations", I see some objects are in red traffic signal. What should I do that?

Thanks.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If it already adjusted, then what should I do now? We need to move all these objects to PI quality server

The objects which have green traffic light are adjusted by the upgrade process. Hence in QAS it will get adjusted during the upgrade process.

I believe that that if I choose " Adopt Mondifications" then my old object version will be available. Please confirm this.

You need to select "Reset modification to Original" in case you want to have upgraded version of the object. In case you need to have your older modifications in the system, you need to go with editing the object and selecting correct version from the list proposed by the system. Later you perform "Adopt Modification".

I would suggest you to go with "Reset Modification to Original" since it will maintain your older version as well as new version of the object.

Under "Translations", I see some objects are in red traffic signal. What should I do that?

These translations are deleted by the upgrade process. You need to verify whether these translations are required anymore or not. If yes, create them manually in the system again.

Hope this answers your query.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Deepak. That helps.