please help .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Login to the OS of SAP and try to send mail by using OS command. There you will get the exact hint of the issue.

Thanks,

Anil Bhandary

manthana_c
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Anil:

Would u mind to elaborate me a little more detail , how and what to do ?

Thanks in advance

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer Note 607108 - Problem analysis when sending or receiving e-mails

Follow both the procedure of sending and receiving.

Thanks,

Anil Bhandary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manthan,

Please make sure that you have SMTP configure correctly. Please refer the following to configure the same.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/SMTPConfigurationinSAPXI

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/af/73563c1e734f0fe10000000a114084/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/af/73563c1e734f0fe10000000a114084/content.htm

You also need to ensure that the SMTP relay agents are configured on your SMTP server to allow sending mails to different domains (yahoo, in your case). Looks like this part is not configured.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Varun

manthana_c
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Varun:

I have checked all the link you located, seems to me that all done by default.

Some still not understand what to be done.

1. what should be mail server : if my SAP IP address is 10.2.4.11, this is what I should put in?

2. default domain , what should be maintain? if my windows 2003 domain is mnp , what should I put in entry?

3 And you also suggested me about SMTP relay agents to domain like yahoo, please let me know where to set this up.

Thanks in advance.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manthana,

1. what should be mail server : if my SAP IP address is 10.2.4.11, this is what I should put in?

You need to add Ip address of EMail server.

2. default domain , what should be maintain? if my windows 2003 domain is mnp , what should I put in entry?

Default domain is domain of your mail server. For eg. <companyname>.com

3 And you also suggested me about SMTP relay agents to domain like yahoo, please let me know where to set this up.

You email server should authenticate and allow SMTP relaying from SAP server IP address. This configuration is done on the EMail server.

Hope this is useful.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

manthana_c
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Guru:

currently I not have the mail server. do I need to install one and how ?

I have only win2003, SAP ECC 6.0 and in SAP ECC 6.0 I see SCOT configuration only.

Please advise and thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You don't need to install a new mail server. You should contact your IT team to determine details of the mail server that is being used. Ideally, this would be the same as the one used to send internal mails.

The SMTP relay agent configuration needs to done by the team who manages the Email server.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Varun