cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Threads Limit in MMC

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi experts,

I have defined maxthread count in application thread manager and thread manager as 100.so it should come total 200.

But it is showing in MMC Thread limit as 400 .Kindly clarify any one.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member197561
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

To change the ThreadCount you can login to configtool

\usr\sap\<SID>\DVEBMGSnn\j2ee\configtool -> sh configtool.sh  (or configtool.bat).

Under "instance" -> managers -> ThreadManager

You can define Initial, Max and Min thread count here.

Ideally set them to the same value to avoid resize at runtime, becasue the resize of thread pool requires synchronization for a short while.

If in MMC you see 400 , when in config tool you set 200 then you have 2 java server nodes or you have not restarted the java instance after changing the parameters.

I have not experienced mismatch on other systems, so for sure no bug there.

Regards,

Sylvia

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

To change the ThreadCount you can login to configtool

\usr\sap\<SID>\DVEBMGSnn\j2ee\configtool -> sh configtool.sh  (or configtool.bat).

Under "instance" -> managers -> ThreadManager

You can define Initial, Max and Min thread count here.

Ideally set them to the same value to avoid resize at runtime, becasue the resize of thread pool requires synchronization for a short while.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Message was edited by: Sylvia Delcheva

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I seeing in the MMC max thread count is 400 but i am maintained whatever values in max thread count of thread manager,it will not affect any changes in max thread count in MMC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

So,you are saying that you have Application Thread count from (Instance->manager->app threadmanager) + ThreadManager(Instance>manager>ThreadManager) count is 200 and its showing count of active Thread in MMC as more than 200?

Just to make sure you are checking in same application server on MMC?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Application Max thread count is 400

System thread count is 200

check this link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/47/9a3e759e2141a7b03e4f37e6c14074/content.htm

Thanks,

Sravanthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

i need to change Thread limit to 600.But in the config tool i am not able to see the 600 value in Maxthreadcout of thread manager /application thread manager.kindly suggest where i have to change this value.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

MaxThreadCount Value in your system is the MaxThreadCount set to Value, you can increase that to 600.

Thanks,

Sravanthi