cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what are all the Configurations need to Made on ECC side & PI side.

former_member278111
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenario ECC->PI-> Non-sap systems and viceversa.(IDOC to IDOC scenario)

we done the following configurations in ECC.

1.RFC connection to PI system.

2.Creating Port to PI system .

3.generating partner profiles.

we done the following configurations on PI side.

1.RFC connection to Ecc system & Non SAp system

2.Creating Port to Non-sap system.

Here i need some clarification

In PI system do we need to create port in order to connect with ECC system ?

In PI system do we need to create port in order to communicate with Non-SAP system?

while configuring communication channel in Integration Directory, we need to provide target system details like RFC c

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>In PI system do we need to create port in order to connect with ECC system ?

Yes you need to create port IDX1 to connect ECC system. This port connection configuration to provide idoc metadata at runtime.

> PI system do we need to create port in order to communicate with Non-SAP system?

not required. Just Logical system would be good enough.

>while configuring communication channel in Integration Directory, we need to provide target system details like RFC

You dont need sender idoc communication channel for idoc. But you need receiver idoc channel and if your target system is non sap you might not required RFC destination. You might need to do gateway server registration to access idoc metadata if your target system is not SAP. Check with target system.

former_member278111
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In our scenario we have target system as Siebel (ECC->PI->Siebel). (IDOC to IDOC)

in communication channel of Receiver (for siebel).

we had provided RFC destination which we alreday created in PI system for Siebel .

Do we need to create port for this RFC in PI?

Thanks

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How you are connecting to SIebel system from PI?

former_member278111
Participant
0 Kudos

In order to connect with siebel from PI system.

We are creating RFC destination to siebel in PI system by providing the Target system details(siebel details).

former_member278111
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenario, Data is sending from 3rd party system to PI & from PI to ECC system. In ECC i have 2 clients ECCCLNT100 & ECCCLNT200. Need to send data to 2 clients simultaneously.

for that i created 2 scenarios with different Commn channels, Receiver determination,Sender & Receiver agreement.

In PI I created RFC destinations for both ECCCLNT100 & 200, I created only 1 port, Can i use the same port for both the clients?or do i need to create seperate ports, because Both the clients are having same IP address & Host/server name.

Can any one pls clarify on this?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anil

You need to create two ports in PI, one for each client (100 and 200)

Sourabh