cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quality inspection lot not getting triggered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all..,

i want to know is there my setting is incorrect r correct... plz help me. I did activation in material master & quality plan also but inspection lot not getting triggered in incoming inspection & in-process inspection.. for your kind information, i do (QA08) mass maintain, lot getting triggered.

may i know is there any thing more i need to do....

Please help me i wanna to resolve this issue soon..,

Regards,

Kirubakaran.S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

U need to check:

a) MM, inspection type are active or not.

b) If using customize than also check Preferred Active in MM.

c) Check ur SPRO settings in Quality - Quality Inspection- Inspection type.

d) If lot is there with CRTD, than check Usage, material assignment in quality plan, Task list status. etc.

e) Check PO stck ty;pe and Confirmation field in PO and In PP order settings.

if any error than please mentioned what exactly the error during lot creation.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guru,

thanks for your reply,

In Po before "Preferred indicator" check box activation in MM i'm finding stock type is unrestricted stock, but after activation of that check box i'm finding in PO stock type "Quality Stock"..

may i know why it's happening...?

Regards,

Kiru.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i hope ur lot is there,

this is bcoz in SAP Std, all inspection type are pre-defined and if u customize any of the Std. inspection type except 89 type than u need to define there lot oring in SPRo and u need to activate the Prferred Acrive indicator in MM. so that system will recognize it and search ur Lot origin Table and than find the defined entry, if it is there then system triggers the lot against the Customized inspection type if it is not than lot is not there.

once u activate the inspection type in MM, than in PO, stck type auto set ot Quality Stck.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks lot Guru...

Thanks all to given me required input...

Thanks all & Wish u advance Happy New year..

Thanks,

Kiru.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Same to you Dear.

regards

former_member662213
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly close the question and reward forum points, if your problem is resolved !

Thanks

SUMIT

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry for the same.. in my system display i'm not finding the same. really sorry guru & All..

Thanks,

Kiru.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you created the inspection set up and quality ifo after the creation of PO. Create a fresh Po for the material and then you can check.

former_member662213
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

One more input, in case you are not using standard inspection types, you need to have check box "Preferred indicator" also active.

Thanks

SUMIT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all..,

Thanks for your immediate reply...,

I am not using standard inspection types, bcz as per my client requirement. & after activation of MM02 (inspection setup active), i'm also doing QA08 "Preferred indicator" check box activation then only inspection lot getting triggerred for all the inspection type.

So, please update me why i need to active "Preferred indicator" check box in active.. is there anything further i need to do in configuration to avoid that check box activation.

Thanks,

Kiru.S

former_member662213
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You had to assign your z-inspection type with inspection lot origin in the customization, where in you had to define the variant of inspection type.

If the variant number of inspection type is 01, then you can work without preferred indicator, if it is 02 or more, you had to use preferred indicator so that system can over-ride the inspection type with variant number "01".

thanks

SUMIT

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kiru,

I am Assuming that you are activating Inspection type from QA08.

Make sure that you are Putting a Tick on u201CActiveu201D.

Check in Material master (MM03) of material that Inspection type is u201CActiveu201D.

If this is not the case, please provide more details.

Regards,

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

i do (QA08) mass maintain, lot getting triggered. -

> Yes If stock is exists in QI & if you active inspection type despite of stock ,then 0800 inspection type lot is created.

Now your issue is "incoming inspection & in-process inspection" lot are not getting triggered.

This depends upon the Inspection type active and process you follow.

With very less input provided by you,

Still We will try to tell you triggers ,

1. 01 inspection type :

PO->GR-->inspection lot

2. 03 Inspection lot

Production order--->release

3. 04 inspection type

Production order--->release -->confirmation

Now I would advise you that there are many components on which inspection lot creation is depends......

.SO ITS NOT EASY TO TELL WITH THE KIND OF INPUT PROVIDED !!!