cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User role based records displaying in datamanager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

I am having issue of displaying total numbers of records showing in MDM (7.1 SP06) data manager. If I open data manager with Admin ID, it is showing me the complete records available in data manager. But if I open data manager with specific user ID, it is only showing records related to his work area (plants based material or zone based customers). If I provide u2018adminu2019 rights to his ID, then complete set of records are showing to his ID also in data manger. So itu2019s a role based issue.

Can anybody know which object role control this scenario in console roles?

Kindly help in this issue.

Regards,

Gaurang

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

yes this seems to be a role based requirement.

You may look into Masks or Named Search to achieve this.

For Mask, you may refer the MDM Data Manager Guide pg 165.

Masks divide the repositoy into a sub-virtual repositories, based on the Mask you define.

For details please refer [Masks|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c0c47e06-67f8-2c10-2786-911ea7b2aa79?QuickLink=index&overridelayout=true]

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx for your reply Abhishek,

Your solution not suffice my requirement.

I am elaborating my requirement below to give you a clear picture.

let say for customer. My total customers are 5000 showing by Admin id in data manager. If i open data manger by specific user id letu2019s say ABC, it is only showing 800 customers. My requirement is for all user it should show complete repository records in data manager (ultimately on EP) i.e. 5000 customers.

Regards,

Gaurang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

What you can do is create a Mask or Named Search for all records and applpy this to your users,

Try this and let us know your finding

regards,

Abhishek

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

Open the MDM console,

Go to Admin -> Roles and select the role given to your user id.

select the Tables and Fields Tab in the below pane.

Go to Masks and in the constraint column Select ALL instead of some Mask.

Thanks

Sarbjeet Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

I have selected all 5K records from Admin ID in data manager & added into mask. That mask authorization given to user ID ABC in Console Roles. But still only 800 records are getting added into his mask.

I even tried reverse case. I have selected all records from Admin ID in data manager & removed from mask. Only 800 records are removed from his mask.

I have not found option to add records into u2018Name searchu2019.

Please correct me if I am going wrong somewhere.

Hi Sarbjeet,

I have tried using All constraint only.

Regards,

Gaurang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please follow the mentioned link

[Masks|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c0c47e06-67f8-2c10-2786-911ea7b2aa79?QuickLink=index&overridelayout=true]

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

This solution not suffice my requirement.

Due to this my workflow functionality getting affecting. In one case WF triggers to one of the user (XYZ). When I open datamanager with user: XYZ, WF showing into WF tab but if I clicked on that perticular WF, 0 records getting selected. So I was not able to push the WF to next step.

Regards,

Gaurang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just to make sure that your requirement is :

For any user , all the records should be displayed. There is no creteria/filter to any user

• If this is the case, NO need to have any masks or Named Searches.

Open Console and check whether the Constraints is selected as "ALL" for all the roles which you are using

• If you have already added the records in to any existing masks, remove it from masks.

Perform this for each role if you have already added records in to masks

Kindly revert if it helps

Regards,

Antony

former_member226173
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please make your self comfortable with the concept of Roles and Users .

Roles are used to set filters on different functions and tables .

Users are used so that one or more roles can be applied to a particular user .

if you see a difference when you log in via Admin and other user id it means there is some filter set for the other ID.

please rectify that in the ROLES option in Admin . remove any constraints if present .

This should help you .

Let me know if doesnt work .

Regards,

Vignesh

former_member1270519
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurang,

Under Roles in MDM Console , you can define every function (under function tab) and access to data (under Tables & Fields Tab) for each role.

In your case if you wish to allow User XYZ to have access to all data but not all data modification rights then you can create a role with this specific requirement by allowing him read/write or read only access to all data but controlling his modification rights by using the 2 tabs mentioned above.

Regards,

Sagar Dixit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antony/Vignesh,

You are right. There was filter selected in Constraints for one field. After removing that filter my issue has been resolved.

Thanx,

Gaurang

Answers (0)