cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value Help for Input Variable

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am working on VC CE 7.2. I have a query which has got two input variables. One is Date and One is a Characteristic (Busines Area). How do I create input help for the variable Business Area. In the Layout mode, when i right click on Business Area input field, i do not get any option for creating value help...

Regards,

Vikram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I was able to create an entry list. However I need to create an entry list wherein i should be able to select multiple random values. Currently i am able to select only one value. My input variable is created of type input with selection option...

Any inputs...

Regards,

Vikram

talia_gurevich
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Vikram,

Visual Composer Runtime behaves appropriately to WebDynpro. VC Runtime uses WebDypro Value selector for an entry list of ComboBox/DropDown.

As per the design of WebDynpro Value selector, it is impossible to select multiple values.

This is limitation of WebDynpro Value selector.

Regards,

Talia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Talia,

Is this so. I believe that VC 7 older version we were able to use the option of value help with multiple selection option. Strange to note that the higher version does not support...

Regards,

Vikram

talia_gurevich
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Vikram,

The older version of VC uses another runtime.

The runtime of VC 7.0 is Flex.

The runtime of VC 7.1 and up is WebDynpro.

WebDynpro does not allow multiple selection in Value Help.

Regards,

Talia

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to use the value help by creating a pop-up table type and fill the table with the required values. Example when the user selects the input field the action should be pop-up window with table. Populate the table with values using a BAPI or Query. Then connect the table to the inport of the query (variable). you will need to do some coding to allow ; between values.