cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Number Range in billing document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SD Gurus,

Here my client requirement is we have to make external number range in billing document, so friends please advise me is

there any standard user exit or enhancement, what is the process to do for this requirement.

Thanking you

Regards

Ram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is used when the client wants to get invoice no range plant specific,where there are many plant under company code, so

the client wants know plant wise how many invoices being raised.Different plants are being billed under one billing type.

Through standard we can not achieve this,need to go for development,Exit - RV60AFZZ - USEREXIT_ NUMBER_ RANGE.

Here we maintain z table in that we maintain plant,billing document type and no range object,as per the assignment system will

pick the respective no range in invoice.

Regards

Ram

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

See (standard) OSS note 8583.

Regards,

Jan Pel

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

See SAP Note 595327 - Determining a different number range interval. It gives a sample code.

In the other hand, for a complex demo, see the [wiki|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Snippets/AlphaNumericNumberRange%280000toZZZZ%29] about Alpha Numeric Number Range (0000 to ZZZZ) .

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Agree with Ramakrishna' comment, normally this exit is used when the requirement is for plant specific number ranges ...etc..

But, one doubt still remains. As you know, the billing document is a legal document, so if you allow external number range here, it may lead to missing numbers, numbers not in sequence ..etc issue may arise.

Please explain the exact requirement with business scenario.

Regards,

SAM

Former Member
0 Kudos

no it is not possible to assign external number range to a billing document. It is not the standard SAP process.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use RV60AFZZ Include and USEREXIT_NUMBER_RANGE.

Thank you,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Please find the below link

Thanks

Dasaradha

Edited by: dasaradha ramireddy on Dec 23, 2011 11:20 AM