cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Differentiate RFC and SOAP methods in web Services perspective

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Differentiate RFC's and SOAP methods in web Services perspective. both are used for same purpose but what factors are imposing on.

Thanks,

Raghu.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

RFC is not a web service, it is a protocol. It means that you can call a function module by RFC protocol or call it as a web service (SOAP). If you call the function module from an external application by rfc you need to use standard SAP libraries (librfc32 and so on) at the client side for the non SAP application. On the other hand, if you want to call it as a web service, you need to create an enterprise service on SE80 wrapping the function module. By doing so you can call the function by a SOAP request, at SAP application server.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Don't you think that you could do your own research by reading documentation on the subject ?

Anyway, in my opinion the main difference is : proprietary technology vs standard technology.

The factors for choosing are completely specifics for your project, your company, your organization, etc...

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am also going through my self. Just want to know experts view that adds to my knowledge.

Thanks for your info and advice.

Raghu.