cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversion of unit of measurement for sample quantity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm working at client location which is a chemical company. The sample quantity is taken as 1 Gram for all the raw materials procured. Sampling procedure is same for all the materials. All the materials with Base Unit of measure as MT are getting converted into 1 Gram sample quantity during quality checking. There are couple of materials with Base Unit of measure as DMT which are not getting converted into 1 Gram sample quantity. The sample quantity is displayed as 1 DMT only and the end user has to change that into 1 Gram everyday.

1. I have checked "Maintain profiles for default values" (T-Code OQ85) where only Base sample quantity is given and not Sample unit. So there is no problem here.

2. I have checked material master also where the Unit of Measure in additional tab is correctly given.

3. When i go to QP02 (Inspection Characteristics) and try to change the already existing 1 Gram Sample Unit of measure into Gram again the following warning message comes "The Unit G cannot be converted in header unit of measure DMT".

So the Sample quantity is not getting converted into 1 Gram instead it's taking the Base quantity. I think I'm missing some simple thing. Can anyone help me out?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hii...

You must maintain the DMT unit in the conversion tables.

in your system, MT and Grams are maintained, But DMT might have not maintained.

Go To : CUNI t-code.

Select Dimensions as "Mass"

Click on Units of Measurement.

1 table will appear.

in that table you have to maintain "DMT" unit.

I hope, your problem will get solved.

Regards,

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

Actually DMT is already there in CUNI but it was assigned in AAADL (No Dimensions) and all the others like G, KG, MT were assigned in Mass. Do you think this is the reason why conversion is not happening?

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes,

I think, this is the problem. Please check and confirm.

maintain it in "Mass".

Regards,

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

Unable to create DMT in MASS now because it exists in No Dimensions. I don't think deleting that in No Dimensions is a good idea because it will reflect as * wherever DMT is used. Is there any other solution you could provide me?

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, Either you have to delete DMT from AAADL or create new Unit in "MASS".

and assign that new unit for that particular material.

Try it in Sandbox.

Or wait for any other solution by other QM Experts.

regards,

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

correct if u are assigned this unit in some where else than u need to delete it and assigned in MASS.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

first solution is given by Amol but if you cannot use this. then define conversion (DMT --Gram)in material master additional tab. now u can define sample unit of measure as "G" in Inspection plan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

correct !

1 DMT=1 MT

and 1 MT= 1 G in MM.( Additional Tab)

but before this he also need to check the SPRO-Unit of Measurement settings.

otherwise it may impact somwhere also.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Issue has been resolved and I'm closing this thread. Thank you all for valuable inputs.

Regards,

Praveen

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Check in Material master 1DMT=1MT.

And check in ur quality plan, what is the sample size. It should be 1 gram .

Regards