Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handling Special characters

former_member190358
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Gurus,

I have a scenario and need to give the business the best solution .

There are material description and material master data coming from R/3 and need to go to Webservice. So, its definitely RFC - SOAP scenario .

But, the volume for Material description is close to 1 billion records which they might fetch daily once and also with special characters in it .

And the second scenario is also where high volume material master data will be sent by RFC from R/3 .

My suggestion is for file transfer instead of calling BAPI. This will resolve both volume and special character issue. But, they want to use BAPI. so dont know what shall i recommend.

Pls suggest.

Regards,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Consider below points:

1)1 Billion records sending at a time not a right idea(sending as a one message ) if you use RFC adapter then JAVA stack might go down,split the records(request ABAP team to send 1 bilion records in multiple messages ).

2)Some of the special charactes handled by PI,some special charactaers create trouble in mapping level(if no trasformation required then you can dump to web service system easily).

3)instead of RFC call use ABAP proxy it gives best perfromance and you will have better contrl over data and spliting can be done easily.

Regards,

Raj

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ravi,

Instead of an RFC, go with Proxy. so that you have a feasibility of splitting the huge message into multiple.

Coming to the special characters issue, only some special characters can be handled in PI.

Check :