cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESO application creates a large number of temporary file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

To summarize, when users run large queries, use attachments, of generate PDFs, etc, temporary files are created in /sourcing/tmp folder. Files older than 24 hours are cleared from this folder when logs roll over.

Our /sourcing filesystem is not sized to handle this u2018featureu2019 and I want to look for options. I am not keen on having the application filesystem /sourcing have a large quantity of temporary files going through it. The option that I can think of to get around it is to create a new filesystem or reuse an existing one and softlink /sourcing/tmp to it. Weu2019ll have to do this for each application server.

Does anybody have any suggestions as to how to avoid this problem?

Does anybody have any sizing inputs for sizing /sourcing/tmp.

Thanks,

Dnyandev

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

The number of .blob and .bin files that get generated are large when u run volume testing. SAP has indentified it as a bug in the problem.

Does anybody have any solution.

We are currently using SAP ESourcing CLM 5.1

Thanks,

Dnyandev Kondekar

0 Kudos

Hi Dnyandev,

The location of the tmp directory is hard wired in the tool. Itu2019s always under the sourcing home directory. I donu2019t believe there is a way to alter this.

Regards,

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

Can we control the the generation of large files through any functional settings within ESourcing so that this explosive growth can be controlled. May be a parameter can tweak the log file generation behaviour?

Thanks,

Dnyandev

0 Kudos

I don't believe there is any system level configuration to control it. Sorry.

Regards,

Vikram