Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spooky Label-Issue (Maybe a bug?) in FITE_VC_GENERAL_DATA

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Greetings folks,

ECC 6.0 EHP 4 SP 42 /// Portal on WA 7.01 --> Germany / Public Sector

I'm currently busy enhancing/altering the WDA FITE_VC_GENERAL_DATA. Now I've come across a strange behavior... I've been given the task to change the text of the UI-Element T_ACTYPE_LABEL. In Standard, it contains the OTR-Object "$OTR:PTRM_WEB_UI/ACTIVITY" which again contains the plain word "Activity" or when translated into German, "Tätigkeit". In the Design Time of the View, in the Layout-Tool, it also shows "Tätigkeit". So far so good.

So what I did (I did this as well with numerous other objects and it worked every single time) is, putting this code in a method within a post-exit of WDDOMODIFYVIEW:

method Z_CHANGE_TACTYPE_LABEL .

DATA: lo_el_la_activity TYPE REF TO cl_wd_label.

lo_el_la_activity ?= wd_comp_controller->z_go_view->get_element( 'T_ACTYPE_LABEL' ).
lo_el_la_activity->set_text( EXPORTING value = 'Personenkreis' ).

endmethod.

I've debugged this method and I can see in runtime that the Instance Attribute "VL_TEXT" changes from "Tätigkeit" to "Personenkreis". But when the Preprocessing is done the Label in the application (speaking of what the end user sees now) says "Aktivität (Spesen)"; in English it would be something like "Activity (Expenses)".

Now, wherever this comes from (I couldn't find out), this overshoots my method on the end of WDDOMODIFYVIEW's Post Exit Method! :-(((

I do not understand why it happens and how it can happen at all.... can sombody help me with this?

Cheers, Lukas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lukas,

This is not a bug but rather the label for Travel Request are found in the component cotroller FITE_VC_GENERAL_DATA_REQUEST.

I have attach a comprehensive details in PDF on how you can change the label in Travel Request Web Dynpro.

Regards,

Raynard

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raynard,

thanks for clarifying this. I have a few questions remaining:

Why is T_ACTYPE_LABEL hardcoded/overwritten tonelessly in the Component Configuration unlike all other texts in the whole application which come either from the OTR or customizing. What sense does it make to use literals all of a sudden and overthrow the concept of OTR....

If I change the Standard Component configuration from SAP, wouldn't this be a modification? I.e. in case this comp. conf. gets updated by SAP, won't it be overwritten?

Did you answer this thread plainly while browing SDN or because I raised a message?

best regards,

Lukas

Edited by: Lukas Weigelt on Jan 10, 2012 11:29 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lukas,

As far as I can remember the Travel Request was conceptualize to be a simple ESS Form that's why most of the labels here are hard coded and didn't use OTR. We don't recommend changing the label text in Web Portal as it can lead into inconsistency incase a new update will be deliver by SAP into this fields. So yes this is a consider a modification but as far as I know also when update is needed you will be prompted about your modification if it will be overwritten or not. (Im not necessarily sure about this in Web Dynpro but in ABAP this is working like this).

As a moderator we see to it that each threads there are active participants. My colleague who participate in this thread is still on vacation and she ask me to assist here.

In most cases, we also redirect consulting issue from OSS into this forum and try to assist as much as possible.

Regards,

Raynard

Edited by: Raynard Coscolluela on Jan 10, 2012 12:23 PM

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Raynard,

As far as I can remember the Travel Request was conceptualize to be a simple ESS Form that's why most of the labels here are hard coded and didn't use OTR.

I have to disagree. None of the labels, except this one are hard-coded via Personalization-Means and most Texts come indeed from the OTR, the Label T_ACTYPE_LABEL also has an entry in OTR (see my posts above) but is only non-changable by enhancements because the component configuration was "abused" to overload the OTR and coding in runtime. I still can't really believe this one is intentional....

We don't recommend changing the label text in Web Portal as it can lead into inconsistency incase a new update will be > deliver by SAP into this fields. So yes this is a consider a modification.

:-(((

This will be an issue since the word "Spesen" which is a specific German one for "Expenses" is juridically wrong if used within a specific MOREI of the Public Sector. But this is another issue and I don't want to elaborate on this one here.

My colleague who participate in this thread is still on vacation and she ask me to assist here.

I see, and I'm glad you did assist here. Give Sally my regards.

This one is answered then, if not really "solved". I'll close the OSS message now.

thanks a lot and best regards,

Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lukas,

With regards to the word "Spesen" I would suggest to get in touch with the Solution Management for Travel. You can reach them in service.sap.com/tm or enter a Development Request via OSS note 11.

Thanks will forward it to her.

Best Regards,

Raynard

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Lucas

Happy christmas to you.. one other customer reported a similar issue to us back in Sept so I will paste the answer from our developers in SAP AG to you

Please check if the problem is caused by a wrong component configuration

FITE_VC_GENERAL_DATA_REQUEST of the WD ABAP component

FITE_VC_GENERAL_DATA.

Therefore I would like to ask you to check the text assigned to the

label of PLAN_ACTIVITY_TYPE_LABEL

Please adjust the text to "Activity (Planning).

In case of problems when adjusting this text please apply note

I'm hoping this helps.. there is only one other similar issue I could find so best I can do here as all I could find but you may have already gotten this far by the looks of it.

All the best

Sally

0 Kudos

Actually the last part of the solution was this

1) Call up transaction SE63

2) Enter shortcut 'SOTR' in the command field

3) Enter object name

'PTRM_WEB_UI 48C79FEE9BD536F7E10000000A421694'

4) If required change Source and/or Target language

5) Press 'Edit'

6) Enter or correct the translation in the text field below the source

text. The correct English text is:

Activity (Planning)

and its coming from this: 1581792.

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sally,

Merry X-Mas to you too, sorry for getting back here this late, had a few days off

I appreciate your help efforts but we have a missunderstanding here. I'm having trouble with the UI-Element T_ACTYPE_LABEL , not PLAN_ACTIVITY_TYPE_LABEL. Just as PLAN_ACTIVITY_TYPE_LABEL has its OTR entry in PTRM_WEB_UI/ACTIVITY_PLANNING, T_ACTYPE_LABEL has its entry in PTRM_WEB_UI/ACTIVITY. However, the OTR-entry PTRM_WEB_UI/ACTIVITY for T_ACTYPE_LABEL, "Tätigkeit"; apparently is irrelevant, because it gets overwritten somehow into "Aktivität (Spesen)"; and THIS happens AFTER WDDOMODIFYVIEW..... at least I think it does, because in a post-exit (meaning right after the hook method) I programatically overwrite the Text which was drawn from the OTR, "Tätigkeit" into the word "Personenkreis", and in the Debugger it does reflect. I've kept debugging until the View is rendered the first time and couldn't see anything which affects this UI-Element anymore. But once rendered, the Label contains "Aktivität (Spesen)", not "Tätigkeit" (OTR-Entry) and not "Personenkreis" (changed by me in runtime).

best regards

Lukas

EDIT: I hesitate raising a message for SAP because it's Enhancement Framework , what do you think?

Edited by: Lukas Weigelt on Dec 28, 2011 8:56 AM

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Now this tops it all. I proceeded to do further analyses on FITE_EXPENSES fpr my enhancements (independent from the issue I stated in this thread) and here, my enhancement does work perfectly. The Label I wanted to alter says 'Personenkreis'....

This really is worth a Message for SAP now 😠

UPDATE: Screenshots -->

Travel Request: http://www7.pic-upload.de/30.12.11/zg35oqc6uenz.jpg

Travel Expenses: http://www7.pic-upload.de/30.12.11/mcsqi7mz4kxe.jpg

Cheers, Lukas

Edited by: Lukas Weigelt on Dec 30, 2011 11:25 AM

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Raised a message just now. Let's see how this turns out...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just in case, could this be a caching issue? Did you clear your browser cache? Is it possible to restart the SAP System or at least clear the icman cache just to eliminate this? I know it's not very likely but it's a simple check to do.

It would be interesting to know if the problem looks the same on DEV and QAS...

Cheers Michael

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Greetz Michael,

- Cleared the Browser cache

- Cleared the portal runtime and db cache

- Globally freed the ICMAN cache for the HTTP-Server

Didn't help unfortunately, but I didn't rule these out before, so good you pointed this out.

Just working on getting "identical premises" on QS system for the specific service as on DEV (because we actually aren't on QS with all this stuff yet ;-/). I'll update once I can compare the systems.

UPDATE: Can't compare the systems, too many dependencies which aren't transported yet (and won't be transported in the near future).

Cheers, Lukas

Edited by: Lukas Weigelt on Jan 3, 2012 2:11 PM