cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Releasing forecast from DP to multiple ERP Systems.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I would like to know if it is possible to release forecast from APO DP to multiple ERP systems and if so what all settings needs to be done in APO and R/3 side.

Thanks,

Chandra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

Yes, it's very much possible to release forecast to multiple R/3 systems. We use it in our case without having any issues.

For SCM5.0, you can see the requirements at SAP Help:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/8f/9d6937089c2556e10000009b38f889/frameset.htm

One thing you might notice is that in the settings nowhere you would specify the R/3 system to which you are releasing the forecast. My understanding is that since one location would use only one R/3 system, hence while releasing the forecast (planned independent requirements), system checks that from which system the particular location (or location product) has come to APO in CIF. It then sends the planned independent requirements to that R/3 system.

Thanks - Pawan

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pawan

You have mentioned that the R/3 system need not be specified in the config settings. Iam not sure if that is the case (i may be wrong ) . In the publication settings you specify the logical system which is nothing but the R/3 system . For forecast to get released from DP to R/3 you defenitely have to maintain the publication settings. Thoughts ?

Thanks

Aparna

Chandra

I apologize for posting a followup question in your thread. Just wanted to clarify the above point

Thanks

Aparna

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aparna,

Yes, you are correct. I missed this point earlier. So, for one location, we would only maintain publication setting for a particular logical system.

Thanks. This is the benefit of being in SDN. You get to know from others and you can also share what you know

Thanks - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Right... In the Distribution Definitions (publication settings), through /n/SAPAPO/CP1, we maintain 1) Publication Type

2) Location Number, 3) Logical System, and 4) SAP Release.

I think at times we use /n/SAPAPO/CP1 and "copy" an existing "row" which populates other details. Hence if we don't pay attention to Logical System here, we may make a mistake.

In my opinion, we should use /n/SAPAPO/CP2 - where we need to enter Logical System manually, along with other details (we can enter multiple Publishing Types at one go in the Multiple Selection window.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i have not done that before. but iam sure it is possible to release forecast to multiple ERP systems (iam guessing by ERP you are referring to just SAP) . All you have to do is maintain publication settings - /n/sapapo/cp1 for planned independent requirements to the different logical systems . You then have to create a transfer profile and a background job for the forecast release and execute it .

Thanks

Aparna