cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps to Learn SAP Mobility by Abaper

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am an Abaper having arnd 7 years of experience. I want to learn SAP Mobility.

Please help me from where to start.

1. I dont want to attaned any training / do certification .

2. I need to learn on my own ( Is it possible ?)

3. What are the sources available, please provide me the links.

4. What are the hardware , software requirments.

5. What are the areas available in Mobile technology, as a Abap developer which area is suitable to me.

I am also facing the same pain when any one wants to learn any of the New SAP technology

Thanks,

Sri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just follow below link , you will get all information related to your questions.

http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/index.jsp

Regards,

Tapan

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The above links are a good starting point. Being an ABAPER myself and having learnt SUP from scratch, here are my tips.

1: Get hold of an SUP trial version (Its harder than you think). A windows machine with 4GB ram will suffice for the installation.

2: Learn Java, You will need this at a later time when exploring the finer points of SUP like result check filters and so on.

3: You will need a basic understanding to in HTML/CSS/Javascript and potentially some idea about jQuery Mobile for developing Hybrid Web Container application. If you want to go the native route you will have to learn some native programming language (iOS, Android, BLackberry) etc.

4: Learn what JCo is and how to connect SUP with SAP using JCo (Really, this helps a lot in further reducing the coding effort on the abap side).

5: workflow in SUP isn't exactly the same as workflow in SAP.

Happy learning

-Asim

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't expect a developer to be able to cover mobile development from A to Z, it is going to be a team effort so you should pick an area where you will enjoy your work the most and probably also be in high demand.

1. SAP side - BAPI/RFC development for optimized performance and security being the main points.

2. Middleware - Mobile framework. For sap this is the Sybase Unwired Platform for offline scenarios, Gateway could become in important part for this as well. No real rocket science on the middleware part but security and performance, data modelling being the key parts here.

3. Device app development. iOS has been the main focus but Android is fast becoming the nr. 1 platform (java) plus windows mobile is probably going to be an important platform in 2013 onwards. User interface is the crucial part plus security and performance as with the other parts of mobile development.

Where is the demand vs supply currently? The middleware currently is where there is a lack of resources and SAP has stated that they are going to put an effort into opening up access to demo/trial versions of SUP so that people can more easily gain knowledge and build prototypes and demo apps without paying a licence fee or begging for a free licence for months, usually without any luck.

There has been similar questions posted earlier about how to get started with mobile development on this forum. See these entries for some good links:

[Link|;

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

http://blogs.sybase.com/mobiledevelopment/?p=654

In this video, You will find the basic concepts for Sybase Developer with brief explanations.

Hope you will get more detail from this.

Regards,

Tapan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends, please guide me...