Did you mean: 

Data is changing in the file after placing

santosh_k3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

scenario is proxy to file

i am passing a field value as Country - India

and in the file the value is in this way Country âu20ACu201C India and i need to get it as Country - India in the .csv file

Its a one to one mapping

can anybody tell me why is this so.

Thanks

Sai_SHA.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In receiver File adapter Java Runtime Character Sets Maintain Character Set as UTF-8

regards

Ramesh

santosh_k3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In Receiver adapter

shall i keep File Encoding as : UTF-8

Thanks

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes it should be UTF-8 or above. Try putting UTF- 8 first and see if it gets resolved then fine else choose something above that and let us know if it gets resolved.

Thanks,

Amit

santosh_k3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thanks for the input.

Issue is solved by using UTF-8 in File encoding.

Thanks

sai

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the file adapter, choose unicode type as UTF-8 or above. I feel the problem should get resolved by this as many a times these errors occur due to this.

Thanks,

AMit

Ryan-Crosby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sai_SHA,

I have a problem with the same conversion issue in the output but in a different usage (a BAPI for sales activity change). I have a message open in OSS right now for them to investigate. I've played around with character conversions in a test program and was able to make it work but it required usage of a different code page. The conversion that was happening in my scenario was happening at the system level so if that's happening for you then it might also be what's affecting you.

Regards,

Ryan Crosby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you directly sending it as Country - India or used mapping to concat?

Regards

Ramesh