Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Clarification required for Shipping Type Fields in Transportation

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

I am New to transportation module , i come to know that shipping document is controlled by shipping Type if i am wrong correct me ?

when i click the shipping Type i have seen so many fields in that few fields i didn't understand few field which i mentioned below

Service Level , Process control , Leg Indicator, adopt route , Determine Leg , Shipping Type Preliminary leg and sub.leg Shipping point

I know may be it is a basic question please don't lock the thread and also i searched in the Google

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPLO/Transportation354

I tried to understand by using F1 functionality but i couldn't able to understand clearly .Can anyone guide me how it is useful in a real time scenarios and where and how it is impact

Regards,

Prasanna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Service Level - You can differentiate the type of shipment like Load, General Cargo, Express Cargo etc.,

Process Control - Just press F1 and read "Examples"

Leg Indicator - If the cargo goes directly from origin to destination with one shipment document, then you can assign Direct Leg. If multiple transportation is involved and in each and every stage, if you want to generate shipment document, then you have to assign Preliminary Leg, Main Leg and Subsequent leg

Adopt route - Press F1

Determine legs - Press F1 and go through Explanation of Leg Determination Procedure as it is very difficult to explain

Long time back, I have handled this and hence, not able to give examples against each. Will think of and update in case anything comes to my mind.

G. Lakshmipathi

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply Mr.G. Lakshmipathi,

I tried to understand those fields by using F1but i couldn't able to understand all the points that is the reason i asked , i know it is very difficult to explain by you and others also, if some one explains it is very helpful to me as well as other people who is new to Transportation

As per my observation for those fields, each and every field having link with other field if i am wrong correct me ?

i hope your understand my problem

Regards,

Prasanna

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My sincere advice is that you try different scenarios by changing Shipment Types, so that you will come to know exactly the significance of that. For example, in one case, you use standard shipment type 0001 and for another case, you use 0002. By this way, definitely you can learn a lot rather going through some explanations.

G. Lakshmipathi

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

iam not a expert, nut have shipemt

when u can enter to the shipment VT01N, first u give the transportation planing point , shipment type , it means

BASED on shipmet type it comes copy from data shipment type

ShpmtComplType

Service Level

ProcessControl

Leg indicator

Adopt route

Determine legs

and control data tab all fields copied,

shipment condition also copied,

this is r totally route related, so shipemt type is main, dont mind can give me ur mail id r number , i cna explan that porocess

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply,

if you want to explain , you can explain here rather explaining through mail

My suggestion ,you better to explain here so we can come to know your point of view is correct or not, so if some one feels that it is wrong they can explain clearly , so we will come to know what is the exact answer or solution or purpose

and also it is very helpful to other people who is searching for same issue

I hope you understand

Regards,

Prasanna

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Refer following SAP Help link for your reference:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_45b/helpdata/en/93/743e04546011d1a7020000e829fd11/frameset.htm

Regards

JP

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In TM , Service PO will Generate automatically or Manually but my question is

I want to select the Existing Service PO number rather than Auto or manual. Is it possible ? if yes please provide the solution

I Think it is not possible in Standard SAP , please provide the program and User Exit to fetch the Existing PO list rather Auto and Manual PO

I checked in Google but i couldn't able to find out the solution

Regards,

Prasanna

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kindly refer following SDN thread, refer my responses

-

Also, refer SAP Notes for your understanding/reference

- Note 764559 - Information: Criteria for purchase order item determination.

- Note 674874 - Modification: 1 purchase order per shipment cost document

FYI

If you looking forward for better assistance on Transporation Management, post your queries into any one of the following forums: - -

Regards

JP

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply Mr.Prakash,

I already checked those link , SAP Notes and also i checked those Forums but didn't get any reply

how to solve the issue

Regards,

Prasanna

Answers (0)