cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Handling Frameworf & Strategy in SAP PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello There!

Can anyone provide me an article or concepts on ERROR HANDLING FRAMEWORK OR STRATEGY for message interfaces for integration for SAP & Non SAP applicationsu2026 I am looking for a strategy to trap & logging of all types of errors [Data & System] into a file system log file or Z Table that may occur either at the Adapter or at the Integration Engine side.

The main requirement is to log errors and report them in a BUSINESS CONTEXT manner. I am looking for means to report the error(s) to the business user after parsing the message payload for errors that may occur at the integration engine and extract a pre defined COLUMN or FIELD values from the message payload to display to the BUSINESS USER along with the message error. This will help the business user to track say Material Nou2019s or Order Nou2019s or any other pre defined field values that may have failed to deliver due to failed message failure.

Thanks In Advance...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To provide error information in the server log file , you can use UDF with the following code

AbstractTrace trace = container.getTrace();

trace.addInfo("SFSDF");

trace.addWarning("fdsfd");

You can use alert framework to inform business users to get email if the error occurs during message processing.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/EN/80/942f3ffed33d67e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Please search sdn for alert configuration for further details

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Baskar,

I am exploring any oppertunity to store & report errors to the business users in a different business context that are understood by them easily,

Any means of error reporting other than ALERT Configuration.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are going to specify business application related errors, you can construct fault message and reply as response too. Fault message is used to represent application errors. Just explore that area too.

Answers (0)