cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change Web Dynpro default messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is it possible to change Web Dynpro default messages? And how can it be done?

Example: In a field with suggested values configuration, when a user type some value that is not present in these suggested values collection, the following message will be shown to the user: "Character string "<value given by the user>" does not exist in the set of allowed values".

The reason we have to change some messages is because our applications are intended to be used by externals users, final clients that are not familiar with the Web Dynpro interface. We need to make the messages more "friendly", as it is requirement of our customer.

Can someone please help us?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Evandro,

did you resolve this problem? I need to do this too.

Thanks 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAPTECHED / Evandro,

You've TWO options to handle the default messages by WD framework:

1# OnAction Without Validation:

If you are using any onAction() event for your wdj form validation.. then open the Action method in Edit mode > Check the Without Validation check-box property > Save it. This would avoid calling the default validation messages that comes from Web Dynpro framework.

2# Dictionary Messages Property file:

Otherwise modify the messages_en.properties file part of SapDictionaryTypesRuntime.jar located in the server-side (this is usually part of com.sap.dictionary.runtime_2.0.0 plug-in at client-side [WDJ installed machine] system). And make sure you've a ORIGINAL copy of this property file.

Hope this should resolve your query!

Thanks,

MS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can keep your own messages in message pool and process it accordingly.

Thanks,

Rahul.

Edited by: rahul.girmaji on Dec 22, 2011 1:36 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rahul,

We need to change the default Web Dynpro messages, those that are bound with components validations, such as suggested values of input fields.

Can you explain how are we going to achieve this using the message pool? Can you provide the steps?

Anyone have more ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Rahul,

I appreciate your attention, but what I need is to change the default message of Web Dynpro validation web components (those that are bound to the web components).

Those links are not related to my situation. The messages of the pool are intended to be displayed in the message manager / message area web component, which is a procedure we already know about, and we already use it in our project.

Anyone got any help about my problem?

daniel_ruiz2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Evandro,

Have you tried open the JAR yourself to perform the change?

Cheers,

D.