Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mic creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have one MIC OD (Outer diameter)-

But i have three materials in that i am using MIC OD,in my case OD range is different for all the material.

so please suggest me is i have to create 3 mic for each material. how to map this?

Regards,

sid

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can achive this requirement with using DEPENDENT CHARACTERISTICS (Same Parameters-Different Specifications). Please find details solution at below link:

[http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLM/SameParameters-DifferentSpecifications]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

the simple way is to create the MIC as incomplete copy model and do not maintain the upper and loer limits in MIC (But in classification tick upper and lower limit).. When you are using this MIC for inspection plan it will ask you about the upper and lower limit you can enter the details based on your requirement .. So same MIC you can use 3 times.

Regards,

Smruti

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

NehSAP is correcct ! go as per that.

Regards

former_member662213
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

While you are defining the characteristic, maintain the MIC as "Incomplete copy model". After that, it is not mandatory to define range in the range MIC. In that case, you need to define range while you assign the MIC in the inspection plan and thus each inspection plan's MIC can have difference range for the single MIC.

Thanks

SUMIT GUPTA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

multiple materials may have one MIC with different data range.

I think u have one quality plan and u assigned all material in that plan, that's why u r unable to change the range of OD. bcoz each have different values.

. it is better that u create seperate counter for other materials and may create different plan, bcoz it may happene in future ur data value may change.

no need to create individual MIC.

Regards

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Siddharth,

You dont need to create 3 diffent MICs for 3 Materials.

Create only 1 MIC, Say "OD"

Set target value, Lower , Higher Values for that MIC according to your 1 st material's specs.

then, you can use same MIC in all 3 Material's Inspection plan.

While creating Inspection plan through QP01 for other 2 materials, against that MIC, you can change its target value, Lower , Higher Values.

Regards,

Amol