cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System should Not copy sales order header text

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

My requirement is system should not copy sales order header text while copying sales order to sales order with same order type.

for example i have order type OR - standard type with 500 line items with reference to that same sales order we are creating another order with same line 500 line items,but requirement is system should not copy source document header text in to target document header text,

Do you have any standard functionality to avoid this or we need to go exit

Regards

Nishad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I hope i did"t explain requirement clearly, The basic requirement is system should not copy sales order header text into sales order header text while creating sales order with reference old sales order order type is same.

For example - OR to OR document types header text,

and it should not impact regular sales cycle text copy ( sales order -header text copy into delivery docuemnt header and delivery header text into billing header,

Creating new text id and deleting text procedure is going help.

any other come accords this kind of scenario.

Regards

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

go to VOTXNAND salect sale order header and go to change icon, matain tax id detemantion , click on text procedure assignment ofter select ur order assign ur text determination procedure, and also activate text in overview screen, s this for important activating key , u can do all text determination procedrer fine , when can't activate this icon, in va01 can't display the text , so u will check the text overview screen activated r not

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The following should resolve your isse:

Go to SPRO--> Sales and Distribution --> Basic Functions --> Text Control --> Define Access Sequences for Determining Texts. Now against Sales Document select 'Header' if header text or 'Item' if item text and then click on Change on top. It will show you the text determination procedures. Check under which procedure your text ID is maintained. The default procedure is '01'. Select the row with '01' and the click on 'Text IDs in Procedure' on the left. If your text ID is in this procedure then just delete it.

The text will no longer be copied.

Regards,

Vishesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do it via standard SAP configuration.

Transaction VOTXN.

In the access sequence you have the corresponding Text ID added with "Text Object" VBBK. That's the reason why you are copying text.

Change the entry.

Check below link on how exactly to do that. This doc says about how to copy customer text to the sales order. But procedure is same for you as well. Just the object is different.

[Text type config|http://learnsaptips.blogspot.com/2010/09/text-type-configuration-in-sap.html]

Hope it helps!

Best regards,

Rahal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess you can handle this through teh text determination procedure for sales document "header". Or Rather when you copy it from one order to other the text is displayed if in VOTXN in the text id'd text procedure if you have maintained "text will be displayed during copying" .

During copying the order in VA01 there will be a pop up assking to copy the text ,if you "delete" the text wont be copied, this standard behaviour.Third button from left at the bottom.

Regards

Aadesh

Edited by: aadesh123 on Dec 22, 2011 12:08 PM