cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update table in PI based on Response of synchronous message value

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've a requirement in my project where i need to update a Z table

in SAP PI with message id and other payload values based on the response value of a field.

For Ex.

In Response message if i get field value 'E' then update a Z table

with message id and other values.I'm thinking to use RFC lookup

but RFC lookup will work if i need to call RFC on other sap system.

in this scenario i've to update table in PI.

Please suggest best Practise and approach for these kind of scenarios.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm thinking to raise an alert based on message response and in in alert BADI implementation i can write logic to update

table, please suggest if you guys think it to be a good solution...was thinking of some out of bx process to do this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>.I'm thinking to use RFC lookup

but RFC lookup will work if i need to call RFC on other sap system.

in this scenario i've to update table in PI

RFC lookup to PI system is technically possible (we have implemented this in a few scenarios), but is not the best solution in this case.

If you have a look at the Lookup section in SAP documentation, it clearly states do not use Lookup for transactional purposes. Lookup should be used only to read values and not write values.

The best design would be to go for a BPM with synch/asynch bridge.

Regards

Jai

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

there is different ways...

here's one of them [How to Lookup Data Via a RFC User Defined Function?|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/70d90a91-3cf4-2a10-d189-bfd37d9c3231], to do a SLQ request in a UdF.

some other ways: [;

But I'm quite sure you can define a RFC loockup to PI itself... probably by create a Business System (as abap) for your PI. Search an SDN.

Mickael

P.S: Personally I have to do it in 2012...

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have already configured a scenario in PI then by using RFC channel you can update the table in PI. I am not sure why you need Lookup!