cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File to File

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

Could you tell me why we need two business systems in File to File scenario. Also when i i am configuring Receiver determination step, what should be my service under section 'Configured Receivers'.

To let you know that i have installed ftp server on the local machine.

Also when i create SWCV in sld, what should i choose as product, vendor for file to file scenario.

Regards,

Ashish Goyal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

why we need two business systems

>>> not necessary ... if u r sending the file to the same system then only one BS will come in the picture.

Receiver determination step, what should be my service under section 'Configured Receivers'.

>>>> here in this secction your intended receiving system needs to be mentioned.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

<i>Could you tell me why we need two business systems in File to File scenario.</i>

It's absolutely not needed...

Just to add on you can either use a Business System or a Business Service...

Just see my reply in the thread below to get an idea of the difference btw the 2..

<i>

determination step, what should be my service under section 'Configured Receivers</i>

It should be your Receiver Business system or Business Service that you are using.

It will be the same as the sender Business system or Business Service, if your using the same for both.

<i>

To let you know that i have installed ftp server on the local machine. </i>

Since your receiver is your XI system itself. I suggest you to use "NFS" as the transport protocol in the receiver communication channel.So you can avoid user credentials that you enter while using "FTP" as your transport protocol.

These are a few things that you need to take care if your using FTP.

- make sure that FTP server is installed in the host system or the system from which you are picking the file.

- Provide the correct ip address.

- Check the username and password provided for authentication.

- You need to place the file in the root folder that you mention while configuring the FTP server.

- The source folder name will be, ‘/rootfoldername’ (don’t forget the slash and also the folder name should be the root folder name that u have mentioned while configuring the FTP server).

And i guess you have seen that link in which i have posted ,how exactly you can do a File to File Scenario.

Regards,

Abhy

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>Could you tell me why we need two business systems in File to File scenario. </i>

You do not need 2 business systems. You can use a single business system as your sender and receievr buisness system or you can use a Business Service as well.

If you are using a a single business service, then you need to explicitly assign the message interfaces to the outbound and inbound interfaces of the business service.

Regards,

Bhavesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ashish,

Would also suggest these blogs,

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/02/introduction-to-simplefile-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart1 - File to File Part 1

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/03/introduction-to-simple-file-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart2 - File to File Part 2

Regards,

Bhavesh