cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Result Recording

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus

i want to do alphanumeric recording (Manually) while doing RR like "Blue1211" , what type of characteristics i can use? as we can use MIC as Qualitative or quantitative not both.

Also during result recording codes and code description are displayed like "123 OK" 123 is code and OK is its description , i don't want to see the code 123. Is it possible to record only description like "RR field shows OK"?? how to get it ??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can create catalog code as OK and NOT OK. Once you enter code OK in result recording screen in the next field "insp description" you can enter detail result like "Blue 123". This way you can achive your req.

Dear Gurus

>

> Also during result recording codes and code description are displayed like "123 OK" 123 is code and OK is its description , i don't want to see the code 123. Is it possible to record only description like "RR field shows OK"?? how to get it ??

This is SAP std function. System will show you code number as well description during result recording. You can't avoid this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I m Agree that for qualitative it is possible to create Characterstics attributes but for quantitative alphanumeric not supported by sap std, for this u need to feend data in description field only.

As per the querry, MIC may be qualitative or Quantitative and Nasir want Alphnumeric RR against both.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nasir,

If your Results are fixed in that case you can use Qualitative characteristics for

alphanumeric entries.You Can create codes in that manner. BLUE1211, BLUE1212 etc.assuming

these codes are shades.

If your numeric are going to change and dynamic then you need to use Inspection description

field as told above by the two gentleman.

Regarding your second question about codes 123OK in RR column.

As SAP standard this you can not avoid.

At most what you can do is you codify them in such way to look some what better,

Meaning give code OK instead of 123 so it will look like OK OK or NOK NotOK.

I know this is slightly awkward solution but this is the way it works.

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nasir,

If your Results are fixed in that case you can use Qualitative characteristics for

alphanumeric entries.You Can create codes in that manner. BLUE1211, BLUE1212 etc.assuming

these codes are shades.

If your numeric are going to change and dynamic then you need to use Inspection description

field as told above by the two gentleman.

Regarding your second question about codes 123OK in RR column.

As SAP standard this you can not avoid.

At most what you can do is you codify them in such way to look some what better,

Meaning give code OK instead of 123 so it will look like OK OK or NOK NotOK.

I know this is slightly awkward solution but this is the way it works.

Nitin

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As mentioned by Guru you can use description field for this recording workaround.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

what type of work i have to do

and also tell me about second Q

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

feed result in description field, alphanumeric RR is not possible in std SAP, or u need some work around.

Regards