Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dms content repository not running

former_member202372
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey friends,

While creating content repository i went oac0 gave the clicked in create gave the details selected dms as document area, storage type as 04 http content server. Gave version 0046, port number as 1090, server name and server script as details given by basis. clicked on send certificate. Went to CS admin and saw that server status is running with green light in over view section.

a) But when i come back and click on test connection it says content repository doesnt exists what may be the issue.

b) also in details tab repository status shows only defined should it be running or defined?

regards,

satish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

a) But when i come back and click on test connection it says content repository doesnt exists what may be the issue.

This indicates issues with your content repository.Please cross verify the defined parameters with your Basis associate.

b) also in details tab repository status shows only defined should it be running or defined?

Status must be 'Running'

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar

former_member202372
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Thanks a lot for the issue is there any way to make to content repository status also running? Please help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

In OAC0,for the content repository in question,there is a blue icon titled 'Status Information'.Could you click that and let know as to what is the status for the content server and content repository?

Regards,

former_member202372
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

When i clicked on that info button no extra fields or window is coming.

If i have scrolled to bottom it window will just move up.

But only one small change is was able to observer is server time is moving one second forward when ever i click on that blue button.

thanks a lot for quick responses my friend.

Regards,

Satish

Hi friends,

Please help i am trying the resolve this from many days n all the ways and i am blocked.

Edited by: satishss on Dec 23, 2011 3:01 PM

former_member202372
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sap experts,

Apologies if i am coming many times on this.

I have done all the settings but not able to know where the exact problem is and not able to save file in my content repository. Below are the details may be too long but please help.

Customer requirements,

Customer doesnu2019t have any other DMS systems and this is the first time he is going for the same. He will be having his files (CAD/PDFs) on his desk top which needs to be loaded in DMS. We have decided to do this using KPRO. How many Document types, number ranges have been discussed.

My settings,

In DC10

Have set the document types given number ranges and have selected KPRO. Have selected PDF and default application. Have left blank for class type and class.

For respective doc type have given data carrier as storage location where content repository has been assigned.

DC 20: Only settings done in define data carrier type u201Cserver, front endu201D.

Given data carrier type as PC, description u2013 PC mit windows, Path- C:\temp online checked. Not given anything in define servers and files or folders. In identify front end computers have selected default.

In DC 30:

For workstations application pdf, have given start application and for extension we have given as *.pdf in the respective section of define workstation application network application type as 2 and path with program me name as %auto%

In OAC0 u2013 server status shows running but repository status as defined only. Test connect and certificate send are successful.

Please help as i am facing error 26253 and not able to save in content server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Going by your description,your basic config seems to be in place.

server status shows running but repository status as defined only.

Your content repository status also needs to be running(Contrep status field displayed when you click the 'I' icon-information icon).Could you try creating a new repository all over again and test?

Further,error 26253 could be triggered due to several reasons.Did you also try debugging as indicated [here|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLM/26253-Reasonforthiserror].If yes,what are your observations?

Regards,

former_member202372
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Pradeep,

1) Thanks a lot friend, but when i try to create the new content repository initially it asks for log in the CS admin for which i got access from our basis guy. But once i start filling details i get the below error stating

"HTTP error: 500 (Internal Server Error) "CreateTab ContentStorage, connect error, SQLConnect failed, [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data s" was not able to get resolved answer for this error in SDN threads.

2) Yes i had seen that code which had to be run to identify the error. But to run that code i need abap access which i dont have and we dont have any abap guys still here. And even i had not worked on abap earlier i was not able to run that code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Would require more details from your end.Could you post the content server trace log? Meanwhile,going by your description,see if SAP note 977091 could be of any assistance to you.

Regards,

former_member202372
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Pradeep,

Again thanks a lot for the help.

Server log trace means are you pointing to running of report to get RFC error by running the report PCMRVC if so then below find the below.

HTTP interface test using function group SCMS_HTTP

23.12.2011 16:35:00

serverInfo:

contRep ZTEST1

contRepDescription client docs storage

serverStatus running

serverVendor Copyright SAP AG, All rights reserved 1998, 2001

serverVersion 6400

serverBuild 201

serverTime 110500

serverDate 23.12.2011

serverStatusDescription

pVersion 0046

contRepStatus defined

contRepStatusDescription

ok 8,659

create(1): new doc (frontend)

check_subrc: subrc 2 instead 0

check_subrc: HTTP error: 500 (Internal Server Error) "ContRep ZTEST1 or Storage entry not defined"

create(1): new doc (frontend) error

create(2): new doc (back end)

check_subrc: subrc 1 instead 0

check_subrc: timeout during allocate / CPIC-CALL: 'ThSAPCMRCV' : cmRc=20 thRc=456#Timeout during connection setu p (check that partner exists

create(2): new doc (back end) error

delete(1): unknown doc

check_subrc: subrc 2 instead 1

check_subrc: HTTP error: 500 (Internal Server Error) "Internal error: rc=0, ContRep ZTEST1 or Storage entry not defined "

delete(1): unknown doc error

putCert: ok 11,662

3 errors