cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have installed SAP GUI 7.20 with patch level 0, We are unable check drawing from SAP hence we need to install ECL Viewer 6 patch level 9,

For Installation of ECL viewer we inned to install GUI 7.20 patch level 7, We have 320 system in network & i have to do it urgently, Hence i need information about Installation Server Where i can get Installation server, its requirement, how to install it,

How to install patch to on system through Installation server

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you download the SAP GUI, you in fact get the installation server information/files to create it.

You need an SID to get there, but if you go to SAP's marketplace and navigate to:

Software Downloads / Installations and upgrades / Browse the download catalog / SAP Frontend Components / SAP GUI for Windows / 7.20 Core / Installation. There will be about a 800MB zip file. It is all in there.

Once you download, extract the zip and navigate to: SAP GUI 7.20 CD INSTALLATION\NW_7.0_Presentation\PRES1\DOCU.

There will be documentation on how to build and setup the server. (SAP_Front_End_Installation_Guide.pdf)

You could also deploy the package to user machines by way of a 3rd party application such as SCCM or something of the sort which your location may already use for machine updates and such.

Regards,

Zecher

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

I am trying to install Installation server, your advice is really appreciable & helpful but somehow reason i am not able to configure

Installation server properly.

I have installed Installation Server on win 2003 Server,( not added in domain its standalone server but accessible to all)

i have used local administrator account for installation

I have created one folder named SAP_GUI_720 & shared with security everyone read access,

when i am trying to configure LSH It gives me error message " Could not Install DS as a Service" failed to configure LSH

I have provided information

DS: domain\administrator

IS: domain\sapuser with proper password, verification get succeeded but final result make me panic.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

Thanks for your kind support my issue is solved thanks once again

Regards

Amol

Answers (0)