cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer of Planned orders from R/3 to APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am working on an existing system where I found that planned orders are automatically transferred to APO once they are created in R/3. Which means we need not CIF them separately. However for one material this transfer is not taking place.

I am trying to find the reason of this system behaviour. It would be great if you could let me know where we do this setting of automatic transfer of planned orders from R/3 to APO and why this may happen for a particular material.

Thanks in advance!

Snigdho

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Snigdho,

Which means we need not CIF them separately

I don't know what this means. The SAP standard method to move planned orders from ERP to APO is the Core interface. All your 'successful' PlndOrd transfers should exist in one or more Integration models that are active. You can find out which one by searching in ERP. CFM5.

If you have NO IMs active for planned orders, then your company has elected to use a non standard method. You would have to talk to the programmers that created this method..

The normal reasons for CIF failures can be discovered by reviewing the Queue. SMQ1 and optionally SMQ2.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

When I say 'CIF them separately' I mean CIF them with CFM1.

As you have suggested I will have a word with them. But as far as I know there no non-standard method maintained in the system so as to bring the planned orders automatically to APO once they are created in R/3.

Thanks

Snigdho

Former Member
0 Kudos

Snigdho,

CFM1 does not send orders to APO, CFM1 is the transaction that creates an integration model. Core interface is the standard method (and the easiest, as well) to move planned orders from R/3 to APO.

Did you search to see if some of your 'successful' materials exist within any active integration models, as I suggested? CFM5

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Snigdho, let me explain the reply from Dogboy in more detail.

Go to CFM5, tick mark the "planned orders" option. Click on the selection button (arrow) next to "planned orders". Give your material having issue in the selection screen that will come on the right hand side.

When you execute now, then you would get the results which would tell you whether the results for planned orders are being sent in some integration model (IM). the next screen would show you "filter objects" heading on left hand side, and planned orders woudl be a heading under it. Click on planned orders. On the right hand side, you should now see the material that you specified. Select this material by clicking and click "models" button on the top. If the planned order for material are active in some IM, you shoudl now see that IM below (WITH A GREEN TICK). otherwise, the planned orders for material are not being sent in any active IM. If you see some IM having red cross, it means IM is inactive, and you could activate it in CFM2 or by running RIMODAC2 report.

Transfer between R/3 and APO would happen only if you have maintained an active integration model for the particular master data or transaction data. There is no other standard way of data transfer.

If in the above search, you find that planned orders for material is active in an integration model, then try to run RIMODINI for the particular integration model. If the planned orders are not being CIFed in any active integration model, you either need to create a new integration model for the planned orders of the material, or add the material to an existing integration model for planned orders.

And for the planned order to come successfully to APO, you must have sent the corresponding material, plant, resource, PDS, etc to APO beforehand.

If you have any further clarification, do let me know.

Thanks - Pawan.