Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove / Hide CUP Custom Field

Former Member
0 Kudos

GRC Experts,

I am wondering. Ho

w can I modify, hide, or delete a custom field that has been a part of our request workflow in production. We get the error: "Updating custom field to non-workflow field failed because it has been used as a workflow field".

I havenu2019t tested but if I close all requests in the workflow and archive does anyone know if it will work?

Thanks,

Kyle

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kyle,

I faced a similar issue when I tried to change the "company ID" under CUP-> Configuration ->Roles->Attributes->Company.

In this case, this field is not modifiable, so I decided to delete it and create a new one. But when I tried to delete the old company, I couldn't do it because this value was used in requests. Then, I canceled the open requests, archive and delete all the corresponding request and after that I was able to delete the company and to create a new one.

Please, note this (config guide):

"Archiving Requests is a way to view only the current periodu2019s requests during normal viewing.

All requests for access are stored in the Compliant User Provisioning database. The system closes the requests after they are approved or rejected. The Archiving Requests functionality

helps you archive the closed requests. The archived requests remain in the database but are not visible when the users run searches or reports."

After I performed the archiving I tried to delete the company name again, but I couldn't until I deleted the request. Note that you have the option to download the request before delete them.

Here you'll also find a thread regarding another problem deleting fields:

Perhaps if you contact SAP Support they can give you a better option. The option to download and save the request before deleting them was OK in my case but maybe it isn't a nice option for your situation. If you open a support message to SAP, please let us know if they suggest you another option...I'm looking forward to know it

Cheers,

Diego.