cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning Book Datasource not visible in RSA1 after Replicate for APO system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We just generated a Datasource from a Planning Book and Replicated. All this was done thru Tcode /SAPAPO/MSDP_ADMIN.

But somehow I'm not able to see this Datasource in RSA1 within the Datasource section.

I tried to replicate the entire tree from the Datasource Tree in RSA1, but the specified datasource was not availble. I could see my Datasource within RSA6.

Please advice what step am i missing.

Rgds

Gk

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gopakumar,

Seems strange. Did you also try to "search" for the datasource using the find button? May be you missed it in manual search.

As a cross-check, also see if the source system is available in F4 search in RSA3.

Thanks - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopakumar

There are two options that I can think of :

1) In Transaction RSA1, please click on Find button on your left, select datasource or all check boxes and give your data source name. You should be able to find the data source.

2) Alternately in Transaction , Select DataSource on your left pane. Then choose the source system on the top left button from right pane (APO system normally is in BI). All Datasources for the specific source system will be visible.

Thanks,

Prasun

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prasun,

I think your option 2 would do the trick. Now I recall that long time back, I also faced similar issue and this solved the issue for me.

Thanks - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys for all your reply.

Unfortunately none of them works.

- I tried the Find (Global & specific to Datasource), it couldnt find my Datasource.

- I tried choosing datasource and then choosing the source system, I couldnt see my datasource.

The only place I could see my datasource is in RSA6.

Rgds

Gk

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Have you tried the "replicate datasource" in transaction /sapapo/sdp_extr?

Best Regards,

Ada

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gopakumar,

Did you also try RSA3? Whether you are able to get your datasource in RSA3 on using the F4 selection, and if you execute are you able to see some data getting extracted?

Thanks - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi GK

While trying option 2, did you click on the source system button on top of the pane (it is not inside pane, but a small icon on top with a X inside)? If you still not able to find it, could you check if this is visible in TC RSDS? Please note that there are two tabs and you may need to search both (Datasource and 3.x Datasource). Please also remove version while searching.

Thanks,

Prasun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks again.

I checked RSA3, I couldnt find my data source in the Source System.

I dont see any source system when I do the F4 help, but if we manually enter the source system name and press enter, then

I'm getting an error "No transfer rules for target system".

Rgds

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gopakumar,

Your error is also as strange to hear as your issue. For datasource check, there shouldn't be a mention of target system.

I hope you only gave the name of the datasource (what you had given in the planning area while creating the datasource) and NOT the target system in RSA3. But the first thing is that datasource should be visible in F4 for datasource in RSA3.

I would propose the following:

1) Go to your planning area

2) Go to extras-> data extraction tools. Give name of your planning area & the datasource that you created.

3) Choose option of "check datasource". Make a note of any messages.

4) Choose "repair datasource". Make a note of any messages.

Then replicate datasource for your APO system as mentioned below (after selecting "source system" from left hand side).

I am quoting directly from SAP Help:

"Replicate the DataSource. To do so, right mouse click the source system and choose Replicate DataSources in the Data Warehousing Workbench. In this case, the source system is the system in which you are performing Demand Planning. For example, if you are planning in the SAP SCM system, client 002, the technical name of the source system is APOCLNT002.

When the system messages at the bottom of your screen cease, a background job is triggered. Check in the job overview that this job has finished before proceeding to the next step."

In RSA1, try to display the datasource by clicking 'datasources' on Left hand side, then clicking on the X button (choose datasources) -> BI-> <your APO system>. (The same point what Prasun had mentioned earlier).

Thanks - Pawan