cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selecting the best Price for a condition type but only for some customers

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have this situation where we have condition type ZPPR (COPY OF PR00) with 5-6 Condtion tables.

in Access sequence for ZPPR, we have Exclusion Indicator set for all the conditiona tables so if first price is found, it doesn't search for others.

Now I have a requirement that we should search for all the condition records and choose the lowest price. But this should happen for only a certain type of customers and not for everybody.

Spefically we have:

1. Contract Price

2. Plant/Material price

Normally, if contract price is found, it doesn't look for Plant/Mat price but we want to offer our customers(some of them) an option where they could choose the lower of the two price. We set both the prices every day based on some inputs.

Regards,

Luke

Edited by: Lukesh Singla on Dec 21, 2011 8:49 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luke,

We have multiple option for this implementation:

Option 1: If possible based on access sequence. Not sure if this is suitable considering you mentioned that ZPPR has 5-6 access sequence.

1) Store Contract price in condition type ZPPR and store Plant / Material Price in new condition type say, ZPPX.

2) Have separate pricing procedure and determine them based on customer type. In first pricing process XXXX01, configure Condition exclusion with the setting that ZPPX should be deactivated if ZPPR is present, condition exclusion procedure D (exclusive) . In second pricing procedure XXXX02, configure condition exclusion with the setting that compare ZPPX and ZPPR and activate best condition type for the customer by using condition exclusion procedure C (Best condition between two exclusion groups ).

Option 2:

1) Copy ZPPR and its access sequence to a new condition type and access sequence say ZPPX without checking exclusion indicator in the access sequence. In the condition type control for condition type ZPPX >> Master data section >> Reference Condition type = ZPPR so that master data records need not be duplicated.

2a) Assign the current procedure to the set of customers which should get the first price. Create a new procedure with condition type ZPPX instead of ZPPR keeping other parameters similar and assign the new procedure to other set of customers who should get the best price.

OR

2b) if 2a is difficult in terms of future maintenance, add condition type ZPPX in the same procedure and create 2 new pricing requirement validating the customer segments and assign them to respective condition type in procedure ZPPR and ZPPX.

3) Maintain condition exclusion for condition type ZPPX with B ( Best condition within Condition type).

Hopefully it helps. Let me know if you need any other help in implementation of the solution.

Regards,

Naveen Aggarwal

0 Kudos

Thanks Naveen.. That was very helpful.

I think the option 2 works for us better as Cond Records are created by different programs based on feed from External system. Since we don't need to create condition records as suggested by you by referring to the condition records from other condition type.

Other option we are considering is just creating the routine for this Condition type:

1. If cust type 1 --get the best price else let normal processing continue.

Do you see any problems with the second approach??

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lukesh,

I believe it should work fine. I dont see any problem with the approach.

Regards,

Naveen Aggarwal

0 Kudos

The final solution we implemented was:

1. Create a new pricing procedure

2. Copy a new condition type which reference condition records from old Condition type

3. Create a new excess sequence with Exclusive flags disabled

4. Create Condition Exclusion with type B to get Best price from withing the condition records of one Condition type.

5. Create a new Customer pricing procedure

6. Assigned the new pricing procedure using new customer pricing procedure to only required customer