cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Pop up window closure and refreshing the view on a single button click

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a view 'A'. On click of a button in 'A' a pop up window is opened. The pop up window has an OK button which closes the pop up window. My requirement is along with closing the pop up window, I need to get the main view refreshed. That is for example:if the pop up is for confirming success of submission, i need to get the status changed(say from 'viewed' to submitted' )in the main view(view A). Right now, the status change is reflected only after refreshing the view.

thanks,

Shifa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

On click of ok button invalidate your whole context nodes.and set relevant visibilities which were in initial screen.

Invalidate nodes after you destroy the window.

Hope it helps.

Thanks and regards

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,I tried invalidating nodes. But it does not work. The view is still not refreshed. The issue is that all the nodes are populated in do modify view of the main view and only when we manually refresh the view, the changed values in nodes are reflected.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can close the pop up and then in the same event handler fire a exit plug to enter the application again.

So you need to create a exit plug in the interface window and then pass url of the same application as the parameter.

Regards,

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, I am closing the pop up using an event handler which comes into action on click of OK of pop up. Then the pop up closes and the parent view remains. I need to navigate to another view. for that I tried fire plug out on action of OK of pop up. But the issue is, in the new view which is to be opened, nodes are created dynamically..Even though, before calling the view I am resetting all nodes,I am still getting duplicate nodes exception. Any solution?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I thought you already got the solution based on the previous post. Any way I am pasting my solution again for you in this post.

Please implement the following logic:

1. Create an event in one of the controllers - component or custom

2. Create a method to fire this event in this controller

3. On click of close button, fire the above method (for this you need to add the controller in the reference of pop up view)

4. Now in the view from which pop up is called, create an event handler with subscribed event in the controller (for this you need to add the controller in the reference of view)

5. Now in the event handler you can close the window followed by firing plug to the required view

Regards,

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,but this does not suit my requirement

Edited by: shifaarshad on Dec 23, 2011 9:23 AM